Hurricane Lee and Carnival

We all see hurricane Lee out there, yet it seems Carnival is taking their sweet time deciding what to do with our cruise.  Our cruise with Carnival Magic is scheduled to leave for Bermuda out of Norfolk this Sunday late afternoon (10th) and we've received zero contact from Carnival. No messages at all. Those with Carnival answering the phones are absolutely no help at all. They are totally clueless. Some of us are traveling quite some distance to Norfolk, so it would be nice to know what to expect ahead of time.  Anyone else experiencing this?

• Sad 1

@Daniel That's so frustrating! You will embark on your Carnival Magic cruise in two days. Unfortunately, CCL can't do anything about the storm, but it can certainly be better at communicating with its guests. I'm just going to take a guess and assume that you won't end up in Bermuda based on Hurricane Lee's trajectory. I'm sure your cruise is still happening and will embark on Sunday, September 10th out of Norfolk as planned. I bet today you will hear updated news. Carnival Venezia has adjusted its itinerary, sailing out of New York. Keep us posted once you receive work from CCL! 

Hurricane Lee.png

@Cruising Caribbean Thank you for being so encouraging 🙂.  I get the feeling we're headed to the Bahamas.  The crazy part of this is the predicted wave heights near the time when we return on the 16th.  Seems like the entire Caribbean and that portion of the Atlantic will have extremely high seas.  I'll return to this post and keep you updated once I hear something.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

@Daniel How did everything end up turning out? Did you have a nice cruise? Carnival Magic is a great ship and so are the Bahamas. This ship had an itinerary change in October to avoid Tropical Storm Philippe. I also noticed Carnival Magic was in the spotlight due to having to clean up soot discharge recently. https://www.cruisehive.com/carnival-cruise-ship-delayed-after-soot-discharge/114722

image.thumb.png.b971d04a85569b4faf6d25cc668d4745.png

• 1 month later...

@Daniel I hope the line ended up responding and resolving all issues that occurred for this itinerary. It's such a shame when cruises have to shift around for hurricanes. This is a major reason why many cruise guests opt to book itineraries outside of hurricane season. Thankfully, hurricane season ended last month, and the upcoming months are a great time to cruise the Caribbean without fear of Mother Nature disrupting the fun. 

That was a huge amount of discharge that came out of Carnival Magic. I'm ashamed to say that this does happen, but this amount is so sad to see. I love cruising, and I want better for the environmental implications. Cruising is the most amazing vacation experience, and making it better for the environment is the most ideal outcome I could ask for. Thankfully the entire cruise industry is working vigorously to improve these issues and lessen cruise emissions.