Towel Animals Gone for Good?

There has been lots of talk about CCL potentially getting rid of its beloved towel animals! Thankfully John Herald cleared the air and stopped the gossip. There is no need to fear; towel animals are here to stay! I would be pretty upset if that staple item went away. Hopefully, there aren't any "towel animal" fees coming our way. Although, I would pay extra for towel animals to stay onboard. The CCL experience just wouldn't feel the same without it. 

@FJB I really hope that doesn't become a thing! The towel animals are a signature. Why cruise CCL without them? You never know, a structure like this honestly wouldn't surprise me. Cruise lines are trying to charge for pizza and cookies too! I'm sorry, but I think charging for super basic services is pretty petty. 

@euroguy Wow, you saved them all! They are all so cute and different too. I think my favorite is the turtle/frog hanging out in the back row. I have to follow up on @FJB's comment and ask, were you charged $5 per day for this lovely collection of towel animals? I'm so excited to see the rest of your cruise highlights! It seems towel animals may have been one of the best parts. 

• 2 weeks later...

@euroguy let's just hope your towel zoo remains all-inclusive! By the end of the cruise, you probably had no counter space left. If only I had the skills to fold towels with such creativity. Just thinking about my linen closet stresses me out.

I would love to hear more about the Seattle valet service and pricing. Based on your review about the luggage service, I would say the port knows what they are doing. I would love for all ports to offer this free luggage service. It's such a brilliant and efficient service!

@@Cruising Caribbean  the luggage Valet service in Seattle is 100% FREE and worked like a dream. Never saw my luggage until I reached my end destination which was great. Additionally the bag over weight charges go away so you need not worry about being over weight. CCL provided the simple formula to fill out and then night before debarcation you receive your boarding pass and luggage tags. Just that simple ...and I really like simple and not lugging my bags off the ship and through U.S. customes ugh. More ports need this service.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Let’s look at this logically on why Carnival would get rid of towel animals. If 500 cabins keep 6 towel animals, that is an additional 3000 towels needed in their rotatIon.  Then on turn around day, that is an additional 3000 towels that need to be laundered, on an already busy day.  I would eliminate towel animals if it were me in charge of housekeeping.  

• Like 1

@euroguyThat luggage valet service sounds like a dream! I always fill up my suitcases to the brim so this would be perfect for me. I can be found taking stuff out of my suitcase at the airline counter to make it light enough, and then walking through the airport with a pair of boots that made the suitcase too heavy. Yes, I am one of those people! 

@FJB I see you, and I hear you. This is very logical. It makes so much sense, yet I agree with @euroguy. I love towel animals! I can't imagine cruising on CCL without them! 

@euroguy To be clear, I never regret my overpacking decisions. My outfits are always on point and pretty fabulous. There are times I take only a backpack on to save money. It's hard to do, but I have learned that backpacking in the summer months with shorts and tank tops, is much easier than backpacking in the winter months. I don't look as fabulous on those trips, but it's alright. I feel it on the inside!

On a different note, I love cruising because I don't have a limit to suitcases. I also love checking them car side, and I can just have them delivered right to my cruise stateroom. That's just another great perk to cruising! 

@3Sisters I'm sure you do look properly set with your outfits and fully understand the desire to try ones best to look properly put together.

I must admit i too feel the need as you, thus 1st formal night is always my Tux and 2nd is  custom hand tailored black suit,  french cuff shirts both with textured material. On other times I'm always cor coordinated and try to look good...never know who you might bimp into 😂 I think it says a little about a person and if you feel good on the outside it makes you feel even better on the inside. Yeah sure I like my comfy clothes and tshirt and ball cap but those throws look good too....geeesh I sound like a girl 🙄 but i can be dressed and out the door in less than 20 minutes

• Like 1

@euroguy You sound like a great dresser! I think the idea of dressing up isn't as popular anymore. That's right! You always feel your best when you look your best. My motto is you might as well (if you have the time) put your best face forward. I also have some speed when getting ready for the every day, but I definitely prefer to take my time on vacation. I admire the time and energy you put into dressing up! I think we are on the same wavelength. I also enjoy purchasing unlimited photo packages while cruising. It's just another reason to dress your best for the photos! 

@euroguy That's true. I think the unlimited photo packages are definitely better in a group. Speaking of solo cruise guests, did you see the NCL article on increasing solo guest cabin capacity? https://www.cruisehive.com/category/cruise-port-tips/port-canaveral I know you are pretty loyal to CCL, but if NCL can match those perks, you may have a grand time trying out another line! I like that NCL is beginning the trend of expanding the solo cruise market. I hope other cruise lines jump on that bandwagon too. image.thumb.png.43db06e1c72c6e68bf341c40a04c0ec8.png

@3Sisters I saw the artical but didn't read it. I have heard some lines are doing solo balcony cabins. Can't remember who it was but saw pictures and looked/felt so cramped, and currently CCL is really stepping up for me so it's a little difficult to jump ship. I will say though at some point in near future I will try at least one cruise on several other lines to have something to compare with.

• Like 1

@euroguy Yes I think this is a big step in the right direction! I didn't check out the square footage on these, but these types of staterooms are definitely smaller. I don't blame you for keeping loyal to CCL. I have been meaning to ask you when you book at these CCL discounted rates, are you still earning the full amount of loyalty points? You have been cruising pretty frequently lately, and your points should be adding up to top-tier status in no time! Don't settle for just any cruise. I would hope that another cruise line will offer you similar options, just like CCL, based on your loyalty and cruise history! 

@3Sisters yes I get the same loyalty points as it based on how many days you cruise not how much you spend...thankfully!! Yep the points are growing quickly and all the extras are nice that CCL has been giving me along with stealing the cruises for cheap.

Regarding the other lines yeah they will need to step up to get to try them

• Thanks 1

@euroguy That's excellent! You are going earn many points this year and next. I love how active you are while you cruise too. You really soak in all cruising has to offer from epic destinations to adventurous excursions. There is nothing wrong with sticking with what you love. It's like your favorite meal or beverage, if you know what you like, there is no need to mess up a good thing! 

@3Sisters I'm not sure if it's sticking with what I know as it is more about the rewards and benefits I'm receiving that pulls back in to stay with CCL. It's almost surreal what im being offered by CCL and having the personal assistant then compounded with the loyalty rewards I'm receiving now. It truly makes for a difficult decision to go to other lines, despite knowing I may enjoy them.  It's almost like I might feel that I'm stepping backwards.  

I'm pretty certain I could get free cruises from 2 lines, maybe more but uncertain what loyalty level I would be granted. 

You are right though I do love cruising and try my very hardest to enjoy and experience the whole package as it designed to be i.e. epic adventures at ports and maximizing the ship. I was looking at the Mardi Gras again today, deck plans and viewing pictures of spaces, activities, restaurants,  etc and frankly I'm not sure 7 days on that ship is enough time to get everything in and experienced. ITS SO HUGE!!! 🤣

Would love to see that ship or similar on the west coast as then would be much easier to go more frequently on it.  Have you been on the Mardi Gras??

in Sept 2024 ill be on the Firenze out of long beach california,  been trying to learn more about that ship which is another Costa ship aquired by CCL suppose to be larger in size and being refitted so not much info available yet. I'm sure it will be here near me for couple years. Have you heard anything about the Firenze?

What is the largest ship you have been on and what did you think of it.

• Like 1

@euroguy I totally get it! It would likely be starting back at square one if you went with another line. Many cruise lines such as MSC Cruises offer a status match program. Since you have such a great status with CCL, that would transfer over for you! 

Mardi Gras is huge! There is so much to do and see on it. You are going to have to capitalize on the sea days and explore as much as you can on those days. Unfortunately, I haven't been on Mardi Gras yet, but I have been following the ship for some time. To be honest, I don't think I would want to go on it more than once. It would be a wonderful experience, but I'm more inclined to book on a ship like Carnival Firenze due to the Italian culture and size. I have actually heard great things about Carnival Firenze from others here on the boards. 

The largest ship I have been on is MSC Seascape, holding 5,877 guests. I loved the ship and will likely be back soon. The next one I have booked is MSC World Europa.image.thumb.png.11244f9f233fa2f16fc7de305dea3221.png

@3Sisters you really seem to like MSC. What makes you gravitate to them more than other lines??

What would MSC loyalty equivalent be to CCL Platinum? 

The Seascape sounds like it's larger than the Mardi Gras as I think it carries 5500 guests. The seascape sounds like a massive ship. What did you love about it that makes you want to go on it again? 

"World Europa"... sounds so elegant and prestigious. I really like that name. Where are going on it?

Yes I do think my sea days are going to busy trying to take in the whole ship and experiencing a large portion of it, but that's part of the adventure...right? 

• Like 1