Cruise Hive Boards

MSC cruise terminal to Miami airport

@Hippo Zourides Having just cruised MSC Cruises out of Miami, I can tell you that traffic, especially at the port, can be chaotic. It could be possible to make it to the airport in time, but there is a chance you may be cutting it too close. I would air on the side of caution and advise you to book a cruise that gets there a day before the flight out of Miami. This will give you reassurance and peace of mind. Have you cruised out of Port Miami before?

• Thanks 1

@kefthecruiser I totally agree with you. Even when trying your very best, a 10 am flight is pretty far-fetched. By the time you just get into a taxi, with all of your things, you are looking at 11 am. The last time I cruised out of Port Miami I had to ask the family that got into my Uber to leave because it wasn't theirs. They claimed it was a black Suburban and the driver was named Jose. They were right, it was the same-looking black SUV behind us but with another driver named Jose. I had them check the license plates to confirm and this other family had to unload all of their things out of this vehicle. That process alone cost us at least 15 minutes. All that being said, it's just better to give yourself extra time.

• Thanks 1

@kefthecruiser Yes, this is in fact a true story that happened to me this year. It seems you know the Miami demographic very well! The folks who were confused, and almost appalled I was questioning them while they entered MY Uber, seemed to be from out of the country, possibly European. I could tell they didn't realize Jose was a more common name for this area than they would expect.