Cruise Hive Boards

Can You Identify this Ship?

FJB

I posted a pic of an old ship in the Royal Caribbean sub-forum.  To be fair, here is a picture of a Princess ship.  Can anyone identify?  It was taken on February 9th, 1989 in Grand Cayman while I was there on Holland America Nieuw Amsterdam.  I have no clue what ship this is.  Anyone you know sail on this Princess ship?

Princess Ship in Grand Caymen.jpg

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

@FJB I think this ship sail before my time! It's certainly an older ship with an antiquated livery. I like this game, "Name this ship." We should do more of these!

@kefthecruiser That's a pretty good guess! I think the oldest Princess Cruises ship was Grand Princess. I don't think this photo features Grand Princess. This ship is likely a bit younger.

• 2 weeks later...

To All: It's amazing what is on the Internet, if you have time for mindless searching, like this retired old guy (me)!

So I found pictures of the Princess fleet from that time period and will copy the 2 ships being bantered about, to compare to each other and the mystery ship. 

Sky Princess, photo from 2000 (this is my choice):

image.jpeg.5eef75b544c8bcf0746a2e1c56b6f06f.jpeg

@FJB Princess mystery ship 1989 at the Cayman's:

image.thumb.jpeg.e2f5cde841200098022d2e777708e01d.jpeg

Pacific  Princess (The Love Boat)  from 1987

image.jpeg.db192a4b5f9ff010d734a55c379d2892.jpeg

Thoughts? The deck windows below the lifeboats is what convinces me. My source is Wikipedia, Princess Cruises

1 hour ago, kefthecruiser said:

To All: It's amazing what is on the Internet, if you have time for mindless searching, like this retired old guy (me)!

So I found pictures of the Princess fleet from that time period and will copy the 2 ships being bantered about, to compare to each other and the mystery ship. 

Sky Princess, photo from 2000 (this is my choice):

image.jpeg.5eef75b544c8bcf0746a2e1c56b6f06f.jpeg

@FJB Princess mystery ship 1989 at the Cayman's:

image.thumb.jpeg.e2f5cde841200098022d2e777708e01d.jpeg

Pacific  Princess (The Love Boat)  from 1987

image.jpeg.db192a4b5f9ff010d734a55c379d2892.jpeg

Thoughts? The deck windows below the lifeboats is what convinces me. My source is Wikipedia, Princess Cruises

Based on your research, I would go with Sky Princess as well.