Cruise Hive Boards

Parking for Veterans

I'm sorry to see that there is no information anywhere on disabled veterans parking in Baltimore MD. I have taken nearly 100 cruises and the ports have free parking for disabled veterans. I have never gone out of Baltimore's port, but I am planning a 20 day itinerary and would like to be assured that veterans have free parking. Please help me with this issue. Thank you.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Patricia1100 said:

I'm sorry to see that there is no information anywhere on disabled veterans parking in Baltimore MD. I have taken nearly 100 cruises and the ports have free parking for disabled veterans. I have never gone out of Baltimore's port, but I am planning a 20 day itinerary and would like to be assured that veterans have free parking. Please help me with this issue. Thank you.

Try the "Contact Us" link on the link I've listed below.  A lot of times a simple phone call or email takes away days of worry and frustration.  Good Luck

https://cruise.maryland.gov/Pages/content/parking-rates.aspx

• Like 1

I went to the contact info at this site and the phone number gave only information that was on the site; no real person to ask questions. They had a contact information form to fill out which I accomplished easily; but at the end after I submitted it; it said thank you for the survey.  ??crazy

• Confused 1

4 hours ago, Patricia1100 said:

I went to the contact info at this site and the phone number gave only information that was on the site; no real person to ask questions. They had a contact information form to fill out which I accomplished easily; but at the end after I submitted it; it said thank you for the survey.  ??crazy

oh heck that was useless and a waste of time.  But this is Maryland and our government isn't really for the people, so no surprise that there is no customer service representative to talk to.  I also wouldn't be surprised if there is no free parking for disabled veterans in Baltimore.

Edited by FJB

@Patricia1100 I love the idea of disabled veterans' parking. I was unaware of this service until now. The best way to contact is likely going to be by email. I found info stating that this opinion is applicable for any meter parking space with valid identification in Baltimore, MD. 

https://mva.maryland.gov/about-mva/Pages/Disabilities.aspx

Check out this Maryland government website and see if you can get a solidified answer here.

• 2 weeks later...