Cruise Hive Boards

Bermuda

I am an experienced cruiser who is taking a first trip to Bermuda. I have never been on a cruise where the ship will be in dock for 3 days/nights. Can anyone speak to how this works for dining and evening shows? We normally like to have the early seating and then see the 9:00 show. I am wondering if this is still a good plan being docked for so long. I do want to eat most meals on the ship, especially dinners (as I have paid for them). Any advice or thoughts would be appreciated as this is a different type of itinerary for us. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@CEHCrusin That's going to be an exciting itinerary! I, too, haven't been docked at a port of call for more than one day at a time. Three days docked at the same location is new to me as well. I recommend trying to eat at least breakfast and dinner onboard the ship, because like you said, you paid for them. Also, the food is readily available, which makes eating on board more practical. Evening shows are a must! You should definitely try and make all of those as well. How long is your Celebrity Cruises itinerary? If it is less than 7 nights maybe opting for the later dining time would be better so you don't have to feel rushed to head back to the ship in time for the early seating. 

I think @FJB may have an answer to this question as an avid Celebrity Cruises guest. I absolutely agree that breakfast and dinner onboard will be pretty manageable, especially if you go with the late seating time! From my cruising experience, you should be getting nightly show entertainment onboard. I would be very surprised if the cruise line didn't offer evening shows while docked for that amount of time.

On 7/11/2023 at 12:28 PM, CEHCrusin said:

I am an experienced cruiser who is taking a first trip to Bermuda. I have never been on a cruise where the ship will be in dock for 3 days/nights. Can anyone speak to how this works for dining and evening shows? We normally like to have the early seating and then see the 9:00 show. I am wondering if this is still a good plan being docked for so long. I do want to eat most meals on the ship, especially dinners (as I have paid for them). Any advice or thoughts would be appreciated as this is a different type of itinerary for us. 

If I recall, things continued as normal aboard our RCCL cruise to Bermuda about 8 years ago where we were docked for 3 days. Dinner and shows were same times as if you were at sea. 

• Like 1

@FJB You surely know your stuff! I would imagine that everything would operate as normal, including shows and onboard activities. There is always something happening onboard a cruise ship, and I highly doubt the line is going to eliminate guest favorites just because it's docked for an extended period of time! 

@CEHCrusin Since you will be there for a while, I hope you get the opportunity to take full advantage of the area's beauty. Check out this article about fun things to do while exploring Bermuda on your upcoming cruise! https://www.cruisehive.com/essential-things-to-do-in-bermuda-on-a-cruise/26347

• 1 month later...

Before Covid I was going to Bermuda several times every year. Finally getting back at it in November. Definitely eat on the ship. Food prices are outrageous. Other than that, some of my favorite things to do: drinks and live music at Bonefish right by port, rent scooters and see the whole island, spend a day on horseshoe bay beach and be sure to walk along the shore trails to the adjacent beaches, if you do have lunch off the ship try Breezes at nearby Cambridge Beaches resort. Take the ferry to Hamilton and see the “big” city. Do the St George’s tourist stuff. Golf at Port Royal….amazing views of the blue ocean. The bus and ferry are cheap. Taxi expensive. Scooter relatively inexpensive and the most convenient way to get around but only if you know how to ride a little.. 

• Like 1

@sandypickle You must miss it! I missed cruising so much when it became inaccessible to me. I'm just so glad it's all going back to a place of normalcy. Yes, scooters are such a fun idea. If you rent scooters are you able to see most of the island? I have yet to experience Bermuda, but I have a feeling I will get to in the near future. I appreciate all of the great recommendations. The ferry sounds lovely! Please don't mind my ignorance, but are the scooters you rent similar to mopeds, and you can ride them with a helmet on the road? 

18 hours ago, sandypickle said:

Before Covid I was going to Bermuda several times every year. Finally getting back at it in November. Definitely eat on the ship. Food prices are outrageous. Other than that, some of my favorite things to do: drinks and live music at Bonefish right by port, rent scooters and see the whole island, spend a day on horseshoe bay beach and be sure to walk along the shore trails to the adjacent beaches, if you do have lunch off the ship try Breezes at nearby Cambridge Beaches resort. Take the ferry to Hamilton and see the “big” city. Do the St George’s tourist stuff. Golf at Port Royal….amazing views of the blue ocean. The bus and ferry are cheap. Taxi expensive. Scooter relatively inexpensive and the most convenient way to get around but only if you know how to ride a little.. 

you forgot to mention drinking a rum swizzle at the Swizzle Inn!