Cruise Hive Boards

Does the Celebrity Infinity has a Retreat Sundeck .

Hi @Jan DeconinckCelebrity Infinity may have a Retreat Sundeck from what I'm finding. Have you enjoyed the Retreat Sundeck on a past cruise? The Retreat Sundeck is truly luxurious! Celebrity Infinity has a Rooftop Terrace located on Deck 12 of Celebrity Infinity. https://www.celebritycruises.com/cruise-ships/celebrity-infinity/deck-plan

From the looks of the map, I believe that Celebrity Infinity may have the Retreat Sundeck already. The entire fleet was supposed to roll out with this amenity. https://www.celebritycruisespresscenter.com/press-release/1116/the-celebrity-revolution-begins-celebrity-cruises-brings-entire-fleet-to-the-edge/

@kefthecruiser Thanks for clearing the air on this one. I was under the impression all Celebrity Cruises will be getting the Retreat Sundeck onboard. Do you know if there is a projected timeline for the Retreat Sundeck build-out? I'm right there with you my price point doesn't afford me amenities like this, but a girl can dream! 

On 7/6/2023 at 10:34 PM, 3Sisters said:

@kefthecruiser Thanks for clearing the air on this one. I was under the impression all Celebrity Cruises will be getting the Retreat Sundeck onboard. Do you know if there is a projected timeline for the Retreat Sundeck build-out? I'm right there with you my price point doesn't afford me amenities like this, but a girl can dream! 

I leerbedrijven that the Infinity missed so far the upgrade due to Covid. Apparently the ship will have the upgrade in January 2024

• Thanks 1

@Jan Deconinck Thanks for confirming the timeline about when Celebrity Infinity will be getting the Retreat Sundeck onboard. I guess it was slated to have been completed but never actually got done. Do you plan to cruise onboard Celebrity Infinity before the Retreat Sundeck build-out? If you intend to use this amenity, maybe it's worth holding out until January 2024 so that you can enjoy this awesome addition! 

@kefthecruiser I appreciate the info here! I was uncertain based on my findings.

@Cruising Caribbean On Celebrity, I've only cruised on the Infinity (twice) last year while it was home ported at Port Everglades. It's an older ship but most everything was in excellent shape. The second cruise, I had a great deal and went Aqua Class, a level with it's own dining room / restaurant. While it was a nice perk, it wasn't worth paying much extra for (in my view). I'd rather go to a specialty restaurant a couple of times, then MDR or casual dining the other nights.

I plan to use Celebrity more in the future, along with Princess and Holland America. Stil do some short Carnival cruises from Florida, just for quick getaways. Being a retired solo passenger. I've moved away from RCL and NCL. I'm thinking one Disney cruise will be in my future since my daughter is a big Disney fan and her family will go once the grandsons are old enough to remember!

• Like 1

@kefthecruiser Aqua Class would be a dream! After cruising an experience like that it must be very hard to transition back to the base level cruising. Was the MDR that much better than the regular MDR? I think as long as you have a good drink package your cruise can always turn out exceptionally wonderful even without the Aqua Class experience. Cruises are truly about what you make of them! 

You keep a pretty well-rounded cruise schedule. I like how open-minded you are about cruising with different experiences and lines. It shows how diverse your cruising history and interests are! As much as I enjoy RCL, I see how the line wouldn't be as suitable as others since you are a solo cruiser.

The Disney Cruise is definitely a splurge. I'm not sure if that will ever be worth it to me, but I can tell you that if you are a Disney fan, there is nothing that could ever compare to this experience, especially for your grandchildren! 

Edited by Cruising Caribbean