NCL Becomes More Lenient With It's Dress Code

I was happy to read that Norwegian Cruise Line is becoming less strict with its dress code for crew members. The line will now allow the fleetwide crew to express themselves a bit more, becoming more relaxed with jewelry, facial hair, and certain tattoos. Now crew members can wear a bit more jewelry, rock a well-maintained facial hair look, or even show off an approved tattoo! "Indecent tattoos" but still be covered as they could be offensive to others. I think this will be very refreshing to crew members after being so constrained with masks and extreme socialization mandates for so long. Do you agree? 

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm very glad cruise lines are giving their crew some freedom of expression! Most companies allow tattoo exposure and facial hair, so why not cruise lines? This is a great thing for the employees onboard. In terms of dress code, do cruise lines even have many dress codes anymore? I have noticed that when dining indoors you need to wear shoes and a shirt, but that seems about it! I believe lots of traditional cruise etiquette has gone out the window. Have you noticed the same?