What's Happening with Norfolk VA cruises in 2024?

@OBX Cruiser I just responded to you in another thread, but Carnival Cruise Line's website seems to be up and running with Norfolk, Virginia itineraries available for booking. Both Carnival Magic and Carnival Sunshine will be cruising out of Norfolk, Virginia. Please check again and let me know if you are having any other issues. 

https://www.cruisehive.com/carnival-cruise-line-expanding-cruises-from-norfolk-virginia/90583

• Like 1

@OBX Cruiser That's so odd! Why do you think the cruise line doesn't have the Norfolk options available for booking right now? I found info online that states CCL will be pausing the sailings out of  Norfolk in 2024 to allow for terminal enhancements at Half Moone Cruise and Celebration Center. This could be why the line doesn't have any booking options out of Norfolk for next year. 

@SpaceCowboy9 That's another great option! You are pretty much in the middle of both Cherleton and Norfolk. As someone who has access to both, which port of call do you prefer and why?

• Like 1

@SpaceCowboy9 It is such a bummer that Carnival Cruise Line will no longer be homeporting in Charleston! Do you plan to stop cruising out of Norfolk instead? Based on your original post, it sounds like you were considering Norfolk as an option until we confirmed that CCL will not be offering cruises out of Norfolk in 2024 either! What a shame. 

Do you have any other backup options? You could always drive down south to Port Canaveral! It would be a full day's drive, but there are lots of CCL options out of there. From where you are located, it will probably take about 7 hours or so of driving, but it could be done in a day! Jacksonville would be another great option and much closer than Port Canaveral to you!

@SpaceCowboy9 I have heard such amazing things about cruising out of San Juan. I would really like to try a cruise out of there and spend some extra time at one of the awesome resorts nearby. The tickets from the States are very reasonable too! Jacksonville has a bit more variety in terms of itineraries. It's always nice to switch up the ship too. I don't mind the same stops but I definitely like exploring the ships. I'm usually one to cruise for the ship, not so much for the stops, but I'm sure that will change once my kids get older. 

• Like 1