Hello All!

Needed to find a new cruise message board.  Got tired of the other one where some folks were allowed to bully others and the ones getting bullied would be suspended.  Anyway, enough of that...

My favorite cruise port is St Martin, followed by Aruba and San Juan, been on 13 cruises, all but two on Carnival.  We only have a couple cruises lined up, not until 2024.  May be able to stick one in...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@SpaceCowboy9 You will thoroughly enjoy this cruise board. There are lots of seasoned and respectful members who have really good insight and feedback. The support that Cruise Hive's members have for one another is wonderful; so welcome to a safe/supportive board space! 

I too love St Martin. The port has so much to offer while also hosting some of the most majestic beaches/natural landscapes I have visited via cruise ship. Which ship are you slated to cruise on in 2024? I am scheduled to cruise out of Port Canaveral in February 2024! 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 6/18/2023 at 8:59 AM, SpaceCowboy9 said:

Needed to find a new cruise message board.  Got tired of the other one where some folks were allowed to bully others and the ones getting bullied would be suspended.  Anyway, enough of that...

My favorite cruise port is St Martin, followed by Aruba and San Juan, been on 13 cruises, all but two on Carnival.  We only have a couple cruises lined up, not until 2024.  May be able to stick one in...

I’ve been banned twice from that critical cruise board because I didn’t tow the line and repeat the board mantra - all cruises and cruise passengers are peachy king and we must bow to our government and believe everything we are told! 

welcome!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

@FJB I love how you can feel like you can be yourself on these boards! I enjoy reading your posts and getting a laugh out of many. As long as no one is mean and abrasive to others, I think the diversity in opinions makes for a better forum! I am not the type to bow to our government and believe everything we are told. That's one of the reasons I enjoy these boards. I don't have to filter my feedback, and I can be myself.

• Thanks 1

The favoritism is quite obvious on that other forum. And even though they don’t allow politics to be discussed over there or hate speech, if you lean towards their side, then they have no problem with politics or those mean comments. It’s almost like being back in middle/high school with the cliques or the cool kid lunch table.  I never sat at the cool table if that tells you anything. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

@FJBThat's in no way shape or form hate speech. That's actually ridiculous. In fact, it's really upsetting that the other forum chose to discriminate against you in that way. Obviously, this just wasn't a topic or point of view the site wanted. A forum is meant for healthy debate and discussion, not biased one-sided approaches like much of our media today. I'm glad you chose another place to share your cruise knowledge with. Also, the cool kids in high school didn't always turn out the same in older age. Conforming to others is never the right choice. I'm a huge advocate for sticking to your intuition and valuing your individuality above all. Diversity in others' opinions is much more interesting than a one-sided perspective. 

Edited by 3Sisters
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, 3Sisters said:

@FJBThat's in no way shape or form hate speech. That's actually ridiculous. In fact, it's really upsetting that the other forum chose to discriminate against you in that way. Obviously, this just wasn't a topic or point of view the site wanted. A forum is meant for healthy debate and discussion, not biased one-sided approaches like much of our media today. I'm glad you chose another place to share your cruise knowledge with. Also, the cool kids in high school didn't always turn out the same in older age. Conforming to others is never the right choice. I'm a huge advocate for sticking to your intuition and valuing your individuality above all. Diversity in others' opinions is much more interesting than a one-sided perspective. 

I think it was the word “Wuhan” that got me in trouble. If you recall in the beginning, we were not allowed to blame this thing on China and there was no way in hell it came from a lab in Wuhan - the MSM told me so!  Shame on me...

But yeah - debate and discussion is good. That’s how the truth is discovered. 

@FJB I truly enjoy your presence on the boards! I love a good healthy debate and have never found any of your posts to be disrespectful. Also, if that's why you were banned from that other forum, that wouldn't be considered hate speech. I guess it could be fact-checked for "false information" but even then, at that time the truth was unapparent. Thanks for being on the boards! 

• Like 1

yes, I got banned for something equally "offensive" - and of course, we are finding out the conspiracy theorists were and continue to be right

I'm not here to talk politics, but if someone says something completely false (like the jab being safe and affective) I'm going to call them on it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@SpaceCowboy9 I don't see how it's offensive to state your own opinion without being intentionally mean. If that's how you feel, why aren't you allowed to state it? A healthy opposition never hurt anyone! If you aren't allowed to be yourself then maybe it's not worth your effort. I have yet to have an issue being myself on these boards. I love hearing everyone's feedback, and especially enjoy the comic relief! 

• Like 1