Cruise Hive Boards

Discrepancies in cancellation policies

Why are the cruise lines so different in their cancellation policies? Royal Caribbean offers you up to 48 hours to cancel and receive all monies into a FCC. Oceania requires 6 months. What in the world did I know about my Mediterranean April cruise back in October? The fine print says that cruise lines can change itineraries, etc. at their discretion. Our cruise is scheduled to stop at 14 ports. I won't be happy if can't go ashore at half of them, but there doesn't seem to be a recourse. 

• Like 1

hey @lulu, Just depends on each cruise line, they are all different. More recently, the cruise lines are warning guests about the possibility of port cancellations due to requirements at ports, which is out of the cruise line's control. A lot of the time the cruise lines do offer onboard credit or some kind of compensation if the itinerary has a huge change, depends on the situation and what they decide at the time.

• 1 month later...