CCL Dontes Fire Truck

I was so surprised to read that the popular cruise destination, Grand Turk, has only had domestic fire services for 3 years! The City of Miami partnered with Carnival Cruise Line to donate a fire truck to the Grand Turk Domestic Fire Services from the City of Miami Fire-Rescue Department. This department only had one fire truck with six employees and is in the process of recruiting more trained volunteers. This new donated fire truck will assist the Grand Turk Domestic Fire Services in recruiting more fire-rescue personnel. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is such a generous donation from the City of Miami Fire-Rescue Department, in partnership with CCL. I wish more cities in the U.S. would consider donating necessities to other areas in such need. I love when cruise lines give back. Even amidst the struggles the industry, and the world, have faced during the pandemic, cruise lines are continuing to harvest a culture of generosity and kindness. More recently, MSC Cruises hit the 12 million euro donation mark in partnership with UNICEF, an organization that assists in providing for children in need throughout the world. Additionally, Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings donated over two acres of land in Juneau, Alaska this year for the construction of a new cruise port.