VIFP program

My husband an I have taken 25 cruises and we are very disappointed with the changes that are being made. The early on and off is a major perk and is one of the reasons we cruise with Carnival. If our perks are taken away there is no reason to stay with Carnival and we would be checking out other cruise lines.

• Sad 1

@Carnival VIFP I completely agree here! The perks for someone that is almost a double diamond should be even greater, and there should be another level for avid cruisers like yourself! What other perks do you think this upper-level tier should have? Maybe a perk of something in the spa could be nice? 

@Carolyn Kendall I hope you are able to keep this benefit. I think if CCL restructures its loyalty tiers and ends up removing perks for guests, it will receive some horrible backlash. In my mind, the cruise line needs to add more levels and maybe more perks, but taking some away will get some pretty negative responses. 

• 2 weeks later...

One major concern I have with revamping the loyalty program is stepping up the bar once more to reach the next level. Example on the previous program I was gold and 2 trips more I would have been platinum then the change happened and points came about and it took 4 more trips which basically doubled the time and expenses. If keep raising the bar then what's the point for me to be loyal when other cruise lines will look at my current CCL days and #cruises and apply to there programs. I don't want to switch but I don't want to be chasing the dangling carrot either 

• Thanks 1

@euroguy That's a good thought. Carnival Cruise Line has to be very strategic in adopting a new loyalty program structure that doesn't upset its current members. Expanding the amount of loyalty tiers sounds great in theory but when it comes to potentially bumping some cruisers up and some cruisers down it seems pretty messy. Hopefully, everyone who is at a current status level gets to keep that status level. I also think CCL shouldn't spread itself too thin in terms of loyalty members and its tier perks. The cruise line is going to have to do lots of processing and consideration before going full throttle with any sort of changes. There isn't really a way that a new change will appeal to everyone. As long as it appeals to the vast majority, then I think it will be beneficial for CCL to change the structure.