Cruise Hive Boards

Booked for cruise out of Ft. Lauderdale Sunday 4/16 how are the floods going to affect this we are to fly into FLL tomorrow

Per the airport website:

FLL is reopening for airline operations at 9AM, Friday, April 14, 2023. Travelers should check with their airline for updated flight times BEFORE coming to the airport. Please view our social media for any ongoing updates. (7:48AM, 4/14/23)

You should be good to go. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@Pwo I'm very surprised by the amount of rain Fort Lauderdale received in these past few days! This excess in flooding is definitely unusual for the area. I do think that the areas will recover quickly from this but apparently today there are still chances of rain all day. By the time you arrive in Fort Lauderdale, you should be able to get to the port without trouble if the area has the ability to evaporate some of the excess water. 

https://www.cbsnews.com/video/historic-rainfall-sparks-major-flooding-in-fort-lauderdale/

The area is considered to be in a national state of emergency. Maybe if the roads are still bad then there would be a delay to your cruise itinerary? This is a historic flood for the area. I'm pretty saddened by this news. I would absolutely call the cruise line though and check-in.