Cruise Hive Boards

Grand Princess Saves the Night

I'm so impressed by Grand Princess' assistance with a police call just yesterday that ended up saving two lives off the coast of Victoria, Australia. The man and woman that were rescued had abandoned their ship and were stranded on a dinghy in fierce waters. Way to go Grand Princess for saving the night! The ship truly lived up to its "grand" title last night. This was such a wild rescue. https://www.cruisehive.com/princess-cruises-ship-performs-daring-midnight-rescue/96904

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Princess Cruises isn't the only line remaining heroic, P&O Cruises recently rescued three people from a sailing yacht! This rescue occurred in the Gulf of Mexico as P&O Cruises' Ventura had its first time at sea in that region, amidst a 35-night itinerary from Southampton. Two women and one elderly man were rescued and given food, drink, and necessary medical attention. Cruise ships are really making their mark at caring for others and rescuing when necessary. 

Another Cruise Line saves the day! I love all of these acts of kindness some cruise ships are responding to lately.

Unfortunately, an Allure of the Seas cruise guest didn't have a positive outcome. A Texas resident was cruising onboard Allure of the Seas and stopped in Rotan, Honduras with his wife and four children enjoying spring break. The cruise guest struck his head and which fatally lead to his death. This 52-year-old man jumped off of a wooden pier structure and hit his head when authorities were called to the scene. It's such a tragic story and loss for the local community. 

What a tragedy! Unfortunately, fluke accidents happen quite often, but it's sad to hear this happened so unexpectedly on a family vacation. I'm thinking of this 52-year-old man's family. I hope this particular area in Rotan, Honduras will have a sign that indicates the potential hazards of the pier. Rotan is a pretty popular cruise destination, and I'm sure proper signage could assist to prevent this from happening again in the future.