Royal Caribbean Refunds Guests

It seems Royal Caribbean International is having some debatable mishaps recently. Mariner of the Seas had to cancel some itineraries and extend its dry dock. Additionally, the line is receiving some backlash from its new Royal Beach Club, and now it's refunding guests after a big-time mistake! What do you guys think about all of this? I think it's time for the cruise line to lay low and get out of the spotlight.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's the norm worldwide at the moment I'm afraid. Companies were happy to blame COVID for any misfortune or bad customer service at the time, however it feels like things haven't really improved much, and some are still blaming the hangover over COVID on why we are still experiencing these mistakes. I think companies need to begin taking pride in their roles again and work rather than playing the blame game.

@LukeJ Yes, I think the pandemic was/is a good coverup for anyone and everyone that chose to use it. With a company as large as Royal Caribbean International, I'm sure it's hard to stay out of the spotlight, but I think many of these mistakes were easily avoidable. There was likely plenty of foresight to the extended dry dock for Mariner of the Seas and the Premier Pass VIP Package refund incident. There are plenty of employees that should have been able to spot this issue and correct it before it became public. 

@LukeJ More changes are happening for Royal Caribbean Line. The four ships that feature SkyPad onboard will be closing down the virtual reality jump experience on March 31. At least guests will have the option to jump on the trampoline still, just without the virtuality reality component. New activities will be offered in the space and the sphere with the trampoline will remain as of now. I guess the SkyPad wasn't performing to the cruise line's expectations. Has anyone experienced this before? I guess the lines are usually pretty long for the SkyPad.