Cruise Hive Boards

Another Ship Changes Ownership

Another cruise line will be selling one of its fleet members! The Carnival Corporation-owned brand, Seabourn will be selling Seabourn Odyssey. At least the ship will be cruising expedition itineraries through the middle of next year. This ship will be in the hands of a Tokyo-based shipping company in August 2024. Is anyone booked on this ship? It may be one of the last opportunities to vacation in luxury onboard Seabourn Odyssey.

@kefthecruiser I guess if you look at it that way, the cruise line will just reinvest the gains into another mega-ship. Do you believe this rumor? I think maybe if the offer was good enough, Seabourn could be sold entirely, but I believe it's a really well-rounded brand for the Carnival Corporation portfolio. Carnival Corporation has been selling off many of its ships recently. Maybe they are trying to modernize and streamline all of the brand's fleet members to create cohesion. That's a bummer of a loss! I really hope the share prices don't drop too much, if at all. 

• 1 month later...

@kefthecruiser Although the ship is selling Seabourn Odessy, it is also doing other progressively big deployments with its first-ever Grand Africa Voyage that will circumnavigate the continent in 90 days. This 2024 voyage will depart from Barcelona, Spain on November 30, 2024. The Carnival-owned brand will deploy the luxury Seabourn Sojourn on this 17,000-mile itinerary that will visit amazing ports of call such as Luxor and Cairo, even stopping in Madagascar. If you book and pay by July 26, guests can actually save 10% off of the cruise fare. It's a big price for an unforgettable journey. If I had the time and capital, this is the cruise of a lifetime for me! 

Edited by 3Sisters