Valdez Alaska tour

I will be on the Spirit June 14-21, 2023 as part of the Southbound Authentic Alaska cruise tour. In Valdez, our first stop, I will be going on Glacier and Icebergs canoe tour. I would like to also tour the town and area but there is a time conflict with the NCL excursion tour. Can anyone recommend a tour or best way to see the area? I return from the canoe tour at 1pm and ship departs at 7pm. 

@Fredkelk I found this charming museum spot in Valdez that is free to visit if you are interested. http://www.mjwhitneymuseum.org/ A little shopping near the port could also be a fun way to explore the area on foot. I also found this events page that could spark some ideas! https://www.valdezalaska.org/events/ It seems there are some events that may be happening during your June 14-21 itinerary window. Your cruise tour sounds genuinely fantastic! 

@Fredkelk I love that you are being so proactive in booking all of the best excursions and making ideal arrangements in advance. I tend to do the same so I can get an idea of what to expect and not have to stress about it once onboard. Also, if you wait until you get on the ship some of the best excursions are already sold out!