Cruise Hive Boards

Working on a Cruise Ship

I know many of the board members on here love cruising, but I'm curious if anyone on here has worked/currently works on a cruise ship. I would love to have the experience of working on a ship, but the hardest part would be leaving my family behind. I'm sure that is the case for many. If you wanted to work onboard a ship, you could use these tips to score the job! Does anyone else have the curiosity to work on a cruise?

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As much as I love cruising, I'm not sure I would be cut out for the job! The job doesn't seem to have enough time off for my liking, but the obvious perk could certainly be traveling! I think if I ever worked on a ship I would prefer a smaller, more intimate crew and boat. A ship that traveled to several new-to-me destinations would likely make me reconsider.

@FJB That's probably one of the hardest parts of the job! I can tolerate an attitude but if a guest was unkind or rude I think I too would lose my patience. You definitely would need to adjust to living in tighter quarters too! Crew quarters are usually about 120 square feet and sometimes they lack personal space if you have to share with another member. https://www.cruisehive.com/crew-quarters-on-a-cruise-ship/96018