Atlantis Aquaventure Waterpark - Bahamas Shore Excursion

We have a cruise scheduled and looking at shore excursions in the Bahamas.  We've had a great time at the water park @ Atlantis but it's very pricey, close to $250/pp.  I've been monitoring the sales and one day it was listed for $65.99/pp, I said to good to be true but thinking it was a flash sale, I jumped on it for our group.   Fast forward to yesterday and I receive an email from Royal informing me there were a series of glitches that uploaded incorrect information onto our system, including pricing for our Atlantis Aquaventure Waterpark tour. It goes on to state any purchases made for this tour will be cancelled and a refund will be issued to the original form of payment, and they really hope we can forgive them.

WHAT - this is Royal's fault. They should honor the pricing they posted and I purchased.  Royal should make up the difference to pay Atlantis.  If I made the mistake, I would have to pay the difference. I can honestly say that I'm disappointed with Royal. If I choose to rebook the Aquaventure Waterpark it will cost me a fortune which is why I didn't book in the first place.

ROYAL - HONOR YOUR PRICING!!!!

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, MaggieGirl323 said:

We have a cruise scheduled and looking at shore excursions in the Bahamas.  We've had a great time at the water park @ Atlantis but it's very pricey, close to $250/pp.  I've been monitoring the sales and one day it was listed for $65.99/pp, I said to good to be true but thinking it was a flash sale, I jumped on it for our group.   Fast forward to yesterday and I receive an email from Royal informing me there were a series of glitches that uploaded incorrect information onto our system, including pricing for our Atlantis Aquaventure Waterpark tour. It goes on to state any purchases made for this tour will be cancelled and a refund will be issued to the original form of payment, and they really hope we can forgive them.

WHAT - this is Royal's fault. They should honor the pricing they posted and I purchased.  Royal should make up the difference to pay Atlantis.  If I made the mistake, I would have to pay the difference. I can honestly say that I'm disappointed with Royal. If I choose to rebook the Aquaventure Waterpark it will cost me a fortune which is why I didn't book in the first place.

ROYAL - HONOR YOUR PRICING!!!!

$250? WTAF!  Disney world doesn’t cost that much!

But yeah, I agree with you - RCCL should honor their “mistake”

• Thanks 1

@MaggieGirl323 That's such a bummer! I have experienced things like this before, and it's usually up to the entity's discretion whether to honor the listed price or not. I'm sure Royal Caribbean is not excited about this issue. I would imagine the price of Atlantis is pretty standardized and pricing is not up to the cruise line so maybe the line would be losing money due to this mistake. I hope you still get the opportunity to visit Atlantis and enjoy all of its beauty! What cruise ship will you be sailing on? The Bahamas has lots to offer so I hope you still make the most of your time there.

@MaggieGirl323 That cost does seem a bit high, but the lowered price almost seems to be good to be true. I guess it really was too good because Royal Caribbean wouldn't honor it! I'm sure you could always book a cheaper price to Atlantis without going through the cruise line, but I always prefer to pay just a little bit extra for safety and security purposes. Have you heard of the Royal Beach Club in the Bahamas? It's supposed to be opening in 2025 so keep it on your radar. Apparently, it's receiving some backlash from a local entity, also known as Atlantis. How ironic would it be if this news had something to do with the "glitch" you experienced? https://www.cruisehive.com/royal-caribbeans-new-development-faces-backlash/96591