Carnival Cruise Line in Europe

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/3/2023 at 3:12 PM, 3Sisters said:

I always think of Carnival Cruise Line sailing out of North America. Every time I explore cruises out of Europe I usually look into other cruise lines. Has anyone cruised out of Europe with Carnival Cruise Line? Carnival Legend will be sailing out of Barcelona for some pretty awesome itineraries in 2024.

@3Sisters we've done a total of 5 cruises in Europe on Carnival, including a recent transatlantic from Southampton.  Three Mediterranean cruises were in and out of Barcelona and the other one was a Baltic cruise in and out of Dover.  They were all fabulous trips and I highly recommend them — great ports, excellent crew, customized meals to reflect the destinations, a more European-type crowd that is fascinating to interact with and get to know, and great places to go pre- and post-cruise.

We were fortunate to get to do many of these on brand new ships as part of their "shake-down" cruises or repositioning cruises.  So, that made it even nicer.  The only really down side is that right now it's so very costly to fly to Europe.  It's almost as expensive for a round-trip ticket as the cost of the cruise in a ocean view cabin!  But, having said that, you are right.  We go where the ports are, so you can't go wrong with Europe.  Go for it!

• Thanks 1

@RoadTravelled You have certainly traveled the seas! Barcelona is likely a very convenient area to fly out of as well. Thanks for sharing your feedback on departing from Europe. I always see transatlantic cruises that are so many days long. I wouldn't be able to swing that many days away for work and school purposes, but I wonder if there are some under 10-night options. Flights from the United States to Europe are always so expensive in my opinion. I guess it's just the cost of exploring the beauties of the area. Speaking of transatlantic crossings, Royal Caribbean just reached a super cool milestone. Royal Caribbean just carried the largest number of guests on a transatlantic voyage onboard Symphony of the Seas with over 7,000 passengers onboard. 

• Like 1

On 3/20/2023 at 4:38 PM, Cruising Caribbean said:

@RoadTravelled You have certainly traveled the seas! Barcelona is likely a very convenient area to fly out of as well. Thanks for sharing your feedback on departing from Europe. I always see transatlantic cruises that are so many days long. I wouldn't be able to swing that many days away for work and school purposes, but I wonder if there are some under 10-night options. Flights from the United States to Europe are always so expensive in my opinion. I guess it's just the cost of exploring the beauties of the area. Speaking of transatlantic crossings, Royal Caribbean just reached a super cool milestone. Royal Caribbean just carried the largest number of guests on a transatlantic voyage onboard Symphony of the Seas with over 7,000 passengers onboard. 

@Cruising Caribbean Just a quick look on Carnival's site and I spotted 11 different European cruise itineraries that were less than 10 days — some from Dover, Barcelona, and Rome.  Check them out and see what might work for you.

Cool milestone for RCL.  Speaking of such, Carnival just announced that they had passed the 100 millionth passenger this past week sailing with them.  Pretty impressive as well.

• Thanks 1

@RoadTravelled Thanks for doing all of this digging for me! That was so thoughtful of you. I didn't realize there were so many options. Were these transatlantic itineraries that began in Europe and ended in the United States?

Wow, Carnival Cruise Line passed its 100,000,000-passenger mark! I think that all of the cruise lines are becoming more and more desirable, and it's going to be a big year for the cruise industry. Even though lots of aspects of cruising are becoming inflated, it's still such an unmatched vacation experience. More people are living in the moment and taking advantage of vacationing when they can. After the shutdown, going in public and vacationing became a luxury. Now more than ever it's time to appreciate the opportunity to enjoy cruising! I was pretty bummed when I had to cancel my cruises during the shutdown. I couldn't wait to do it again! My current cruise lineup reflects my excitement and appreciation for unmasked cruising.