Cruise Hive Boards

cozumel excursions?- not a bar hopper or all inclusive

Cozumel has tons of things to do! Will this be your first time visiting Cozumel? I have always enjoyed being in the water while there. Snorkeling and jet skiing are wonderfully fun if you crave some fun in the sun. The waters are so gorgeous there! If you do want a beach experience, this article has some really good beach spot options reasonably close to the port. https://www.cruisehive.com/best-cozumel-beaches-you-should-experience/24492

Carnival Vista is a great ship. If you like water parks, Carnival Vista has one of the largest in its fleet! 

56 minutes ago, 3Sisters said:

Cozumel has tons of things to do! Will this be your first time visiting Cozumel?

Been only once it was back in the 90's (on NCL) and we were docked from 4:00 pm - 11:00 pm so we only got off the ship and looked around the port and that was it.   It just seemed like a massive party going on.  

On 3/3/2023 at 2:04 PM, Woody14 said:

I am not really an all inclusive person and not in to the bar hopper tours so I am looking for Cozumel options.    Arriving Aug 3 on the Carnival Vista.

We did a horseback riding experience about 30 years ago in Cozumel and still talk about it.  

Otherwise, the last 3 times we’ve been to Cozumel, we’ve gone here - https://www.mrsanchos.com/mr-sanchos-cozumel-beachThat sounds like it isn’t your cup of beer though. 

• Like 1

@Woody14Port of Galveston is growing like crazy! Believe it or not, I actually haven't cruise out of there before, but I'm sure I will get there in due time. I will be cruising out of Port Miami. Galveston is actually seeking to add another cruise terminal to keep up with the demand. I love cruising with MSC Cruises and the fact that the cruise line is partnering with this idea to improve the Port of Galveston and add another terminal at Pier 16 is so exciting to me. https://www.cruisehive.com/galveston-port-seeks-funding-for-new-cruise-terminal-and-upgrades/95867

1 hour ago, Cruising Caribbean said:

@FJB Were you able to horseback ride on the beach in Cozumel? I haven't seen that type of excursion offering for my upcoming Caribbean cruise, but I'm going to look again. I usually opt for a beach experience and bask in the sun the whole time. 

It was not horseback riding on the beach - it was the interior of the island.  It was an excursion offered thru the cruise line at the time, but as I said that was 30 years ago, so I'm sure all of the horses are dead now...

• Sad 1

I hope those excursion horses are still alive! I don't even know the lifespan of a horse actually. If you are saying it was amazing, even if it wasn't on the beach, I will take your word for it. You have probably visited Cozumel on several more occasions than I have. I always prefer to book my excursions through the cruise line for security reasons. I have this fear that if I don't make it back to the ship in time I will be stranded at the port.