Wonder Cancels Coco Cay

Currently on wonder of the seas week of February 12th. It was obvious that it was too dangerous to attempt to dock at Coco Cay. It must be bad luck for us. Each of our last three Royal Caribbean cruises Coco Cay was canceled because of bad weather. We have never made it there yet. I thought it was particularly genius by the Captain to do a final cruise by the Coca Cay dock. It was obviously dangerous to the naked eye. 

Edited by Tuctba1958
Spelling

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Tuctba1958 Wonder of the Seas is supposed to be an amazing ship! Is this your cruise experience onboard Wonder of the Seas? It's such a shame you weren't able to dock at Coco Cay. It's also very odd you were unable to visit the island the last 3 times you cruised to the area. What other destinations were you able to visit? 

I actually found more information on the reason why you were unable to dock at Coco Cay. That's some serious wind! Going to the beach with sand blowing in your face isn't enjoyable anyways.  https://www.cruisehive.com/royal-caribbeans-wonder-of-the-seas-skips-private-island-visit/94277

@FJB It's a great spot to stop! I, too, haven't been to Coco Cay since it's revamping, but I'm sure it's even better than before. The water related amenities seems endless. I love going down some steep waterslides. I'm most interested to go on the slingshot waterslide. You have to be 48 in. min. height or 40 in. minimum height with a swimming vest. It looks epic! Has anyone been on the slingshot waterslide at Coco Cay before?

It's no wonder it was voted Best Cruise Line Private Island of 2022

@Tuctba1958 How was your cruise onboard Wonder of the Seas? I love Coco Cay! It's a shame you have had to miss it so many times but don't loose hope. I'm sure you will make it there eventually. Did you choose to purchase a drink package during this cruise? I'm curious what the drink prices are like pre-boarding vs. post-boarding.