Cruise Hive Boards

Ocean Cay zip line???

Tammy O.

@Tammy O.  I haven't seen a zip line at Ocean Cay before, but I do know some ships have a zip line onboard. I loved snorkeling the beaches; the waters are super clear so don't forget your goggles! The wave runners looked like a great time too. Which ship will you be cruising on?

Here are some of the offerings on the island. https://www.mscoceancay.com/en-us/what-to-do/excursions-activities

MSC Seaside and MSC Seaview currently have dual zip lines onboard. 

• Like 1

@dagither70 I wonder if MSC Cruises will be adding a zip line to Ocean Cay! This is the first time I'm hearing of the idea. There definitely is plenty of space for more, and I think a zipline would be well suited for the island. Here are some great things to know before you go to Ocean Cay. If you are cruising as a Yacht Club guest, the private island provides a golf cart shuttle service throughout the island! It's so nice. The food buffet is wonderful and the drink packages apply on Ocean Cay as well. That's one of my favorite perks, alongside it being so extremely safe and convenient. 

https://www.cruisehive.com/things-to-know-about-ocean-cay-msc-marine-reserve/37450

@LukeJZip lining on a cruise ship is tons of fun! Snorkeling at Ocean Cay is very convenient and majestic. I highly recommend it. When is your next cruise? 

@LukeJ That's so exciting! Will this be your first time cruising through the Mediterranean? That is such a dream cruise experience for me. I will be cruising the Caribbean in August and actually visiting Ocean Cay. I would love if the island chose to add some zip lining! Although, I'm totally fine with relaxing in the sun on a beach lounger too. The lighthouse show at the end of the night is one of my favorite parts. I was able to watch it from my cruise balcony last time! I lucked out for sure.

@FJB That could be a possibility! I actually haven't zip lined at Royal Caribbean's private island in Labadee before. Did you have to book this experience on the ship, prior to going ashore? Or could you just walk up and zip line at your leisure?

9 hours ago, Kendall James-Vargas said:

@LukeJ That's so exciting! Will this be your first time cruising through the Mediterranean? That is such a dream cruise experience for me. I will be cruising the Caribbean in August and actually visiting Ocean Cay. I would love if the island chose to add some zip lining! Although, I'm totally fine with relaxing in the sun on a beach lounger too. The lighthouse show at the end of the night is one of my favorite parts. I was able to watch it from my cruise balcony last time! I lucked out for sure.

@FJB That could be a possibility! I actually haven't zip lined at Royal Caribbean's private island in Labadee before. Did you have to book this experience on the ship, prior to going ashore? Or could you just walk up and zip line at your leisure?

Don’t remember- probably booked once we were on the ship. 

@FJB and @Tammy O. It looks like Carnival Corporation helped fund a super steep zip line in St. Maarten at the Rockland Estate ecopark. For those of you who enjoy zip lining, this one looks like a thrilling experience for sure. Every zip line has different weight and height requirements. Make sure you check out those specifics before you go!