New crew gift policy

Many years ago I used to cruise on the same ship repeatedly. I always like to bring my favorite crew members little gifts. Sometimes it would be homemade cookies or brownies,. I remember one crew member who had an addiction to jelly beans so I used to bring him big bags of jelly bellies. I always tipped well but back then you gave the tip directly to the crew member it was intended for but I always like to include little gifts just to say thank you and I'll remember you

• Like 1

One thing we always do is virtually clean our room so the staff doesn’t have to do hardly anything in our room I for one really do not like someone doing things for me when I can do it myself to be honest on our latest cruise we saw the room steward for five minutes out of the whole trip and that was fine by us.  We also tip staff that keep the bathrooms clean in public areas staff that keep the ship in good condition everyone needs to be appreciated 

• Like 1

@monica I love that I'm not the only one that enjoys gifting crew members! It's so cool that you were able to build this sort of rapport with the cruise crew, even remembering their favorite treats per individual! That is very thoughtful that you would prepare homemade items and bring them along. There is nothing like a homemade treat, when you are away from home. 

https://www.cruisehive.com/carnival-cruise-line-introducing-new-policy-for-crew-members/93980

It's a shame homemade items will no longer be accepted by the cruise crew per Carnival Cruise Line's new policy. I understand this could be misused or unsafe in some regards, but I would say majority of cases, like yours, are of pure intention. 

@Jillian That's a great tip! I usually try to strip the sheets and place all of the linens in an easy to access pile. It's very kind of you to assist the housekeeping crew by lightening their load. It's a very strenuous job to upkeep so many rooms and cater to so many specific personalities and requests.

I never thought to tip the public restroom staff! I tend to make it to the public restrooms onboard all day with my littles, and the restroom attendants are usually the most friendly and kind to my children. In fact, I often encounter them several times throughout the day during a cruise. Thanks for sharing this idea; I will be adopting it as my own now!