A Plus for NCL new port

Switching from blah Skagway to exciting Victoria,BC is great for tours  . Butchart Gardens is a MUST see as well as Victoria  and surrounding area..A lot more room to move around in..see photos on internet...Nieuw Amsterdam is now NEW Amsterdam...Old Tom Winn from FLA

• Like 1

@Tom Winn I was just looking into this; it seems Holland America Line is ditching the port as well! Holland America Line claimed the changes were due to "operational reasons", but that sounds odd to me. Are you scheduled to visit Victoria, BC any time soon?

https://www.cruisehive.com/holland-america-cruise-no-longer-visiting-popular-alaskan-port/93931

You actually aren't the first person to recommend Butchart Gardens to me. My mom has been there in the past and says it's the most amazing/elaborate garden she has ever encountered!

It's funny that Princes Cruises just replaced Victoria, British Columbia with Prince Rupert, British Columbia on a recent itinerary due to protecting marine life. It seems ironic that Norwegian Cruise Line and Holland America Line are opting for Victoria while Princess Cruises is shying away from it. Apparently the marine protection piece is due to an Interim Order for the Protection of the Killer Whale established in 2022.

https://www.cruisehive.com/princess-cruises-replaces-port-of-call-to-safeguard-marine-life/93693