Cruise Hive Boards

Sint Maarten Overcrowding

FJB

When will these cruiselines and ports learn that we, the passengers, do not care for overcrowded ports of call. Nassau is one of my least favorite cruise ports because of the 5 or 6 ships always there. Now Sint Maarten is hosting 6 ships at once!  We have enjoyed this port in the past but looks like it’s days are numbered for us. 

https://www.cruisehive.com/caribbean-cruise-port-sets-single-day-passenger-and-crew-record/92724

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@FJB Six is a great amount of ships at once. I would imagine the port has prepared accordingly so that guests still get their usual experience at Sint Maarten. When you visit, how many ships are usually present at the same instance? On a positive note, the area is certainly starting to recover from its past economic loss.

10 hours ago, 3Sisters said:

@FJB Six is a great amount of ships at once. I would imagine the port has prepared accordingly so that guests still get their usual experience at Sint Maarten. When you visit, how many ships are usually present at the same instance? On a positive note, the area is certainly starting to recover from its past economic loss.

I think we’ve been there with as many as 5 ships in port, but no mega Oasis class ships among the 5. 

8 hours ago, Kendall James-Vargas said:

@FJBI agree Sint Maarten is a great spot. Tell me more about Maho beach! I haven't explored there yet.

It’s the beach at the end of the runway. You are blown into the water when planes take off and you can practically touch the planes as they fly over the beach when landing. 

On 1/27/2023 at 9:06 PM, Kendall James-Vargas said:

@FJB That sounds so beautiful. Is this area easy to access by taxi from the port? I looked up photographs, and it is definitely a must see! 

I also found this article with other interesting beach spots. 

https://www.cruisehive.com/stunning-st-maarten-beaches-you-should-experience/26930

Easily accessible by taxi

@FJB Thanks for giving your feedback on Sint Maarten's Maho Beach. I always love hearing about personal experience. It's never the same when you don't follow seasoned advice. 

These are some great things to explore next time you travel to Philipsburg, Sint Maarten. 

https://www.cruisehive.com/things-to-do-in-philipsburg-st-maarten-during-a-cruise/24914