Cruise Hive Boards

affordable prices

PaulB

Doing my usual thing and looking for the best cruise to go away on, I was surprised to read that aboard princess cruises, all inclusive cruises cost from £40pp per dayIn todays tight economy, surely that must a steal. Am I correct in thinking that? 

12 hours ago, PaulB said:

Doing my usual thing and looking for the best cruise to go away on, I was surprised to read that aboard princess cruises, all inclusive cruises cost from £40pp per dayIn todays tight economy, surely that must a steal. Am I correct in thinking that? 

sounds like one heck of a deal to me!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/17/2023 at 1:10 PM, PaulB said:

I read going overboard is quite common on cruise ships. It's terrifying when you think about it

It is not really that common on cruise ships.  In fact it is pretty hard to fall off.  really you have to be doing something stupid like climbing the rails.   most of the overboard's are unfortunately from people jumping.   I recently heard the Royal Caribbean had 4.6 million guests in 2022 so the numbers when you factor all cruise lines would be more than 10 million and only a handful of people went overboard it statistically speaking is not 'quite common'

@Woody14Yes, and I think those most likely to climb rails are either severely intoxicated or children. I guess both of those options revert back to a child-like frame of mind. This particular instance in 2012 was actually really bizarre. The mother/son pair were seen quarreling on the balcony, and then he "fell" off. I met the mom at breakfast as well. Oddly enough they were both there for a gospel conference onboard. They invited us to join them one of the days, and then next thing we knew the son "fell" off the ship. It was the first, and only, time I have "Oscar, Oscar, Oscar" on the intercom system. 

On 1/5/2023 at 11:57 AM, PaulB said:

It's Wave Season right now, which is a period of the year when cruise line tend to lower cruise fares to fill up ships for the upcoming summer season.

That's another aspect I love about cruising, the feasibility. Cruise vacations can truly be very reasonably priced and offer such a wide range of options that don't always break your budget, if planned for appropriately. 

Here are some associated tips for finding cruise deals at reasonable prices.

https://www.cruisehive.com/ways-to-check-for-cruise-price-drops/24180