Once a day stateroom cleaning

noticed on the 2 cruises I did in 2022 with once a day that the steward while they gave me a choice really did have a preference as to which choice I made.   likely had to do with what the rooms around me were doing as it seems that the lines doing once a day the stewards now have more rooms to do so if you are a long way away from the others of like it is definitely not convenient for them.

I loved the twice a day on Celebrity didn't think it would matter but it did.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Woody14 said:

I loved the twice a day on Celebrity didn't think it would matter but it did.

I would agree. Though I haven’t been on a cruise yet with only once a day service, it probably would affect my decision in which cruiseline I sail.  In the past, a cruise has been about the pampering and the extras. Just like our freedoms slowly eroding here in the US, cruise niceties are also eroding, but maybe a bit more quickly than our freedoms. 

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

I posted about this in another thread. We all have different ideas about what our ideal pampering would be. I understand that cut backs might be necessary and for some only going to once a day cleaning is no big deal. For me I would like to have my sheets turned down in the evening as I feel this elevates a cruise above a hotel stay. 

I am not interested in paying for a spa package or shopping but if offered I would pay an additional 25 per night for turndown service and a couple of bottles of water for the next day. 

By offering this as an option the cruise line makes more on board revenue and they are saving money at the same time by not providing the service to those who are not interested. 

• Thanks 1

@Woody14 Yes, the extra stateroom tidy is very nice. In fact, it's something I really looked forward to as well! I think it also depends on which stateroom attendant you have. It's also nice to build a good rapport with the housekeeping staff by cleaning up after yourself. The quarters can be small so doing your share to keep it tidy is kind and helpful. 

@FJB I don't personally find it a necessary amenity, but I do consider it an added bonus! The extra stateroom tidiness adds to the overall cruise experience. I honestly haven't noticed many towel animals lately while cruising. Maybe it depends on the cruise line. 

@RobD I agree! That sort of amenity could be really practical. I think you could possibly do a makeshift amenity similar to this by calling your stateroom attendant and ordering bottles of water to be delivered in the evening, but I like the idea of a package where you don't have to request the service to be done daily. It is just automatic.