Cucina del Capitano Wins Best Specialty Dining Venue

59 minutes ago, Kendall James-Vargas said:

Carnival Cruise Line's restaurant, Cucina del Capitano was awarded Cruise Hive's Best Specialty Dining Venue of 2022. Did anyone vote for this restaurant? I actually haven't dined here before, but I do love Italian food.

https://www.cruisehive.com/carnival-cruise-line-specialty-dining-venue-voted-best-of-2022/91283

We've eaten there multiple times and always find it satisfying and typical Italian food in a well-themed venue.  On our last cruise aboard the maiden voyage of the Carnival Celebration we also tried for the first time the new Rudi's Seagrill.  By far we both agreed that it is now our favorite specialty restaurant.  Excellent food, well presented, superior service, and beautiful room all add to a very wonderful experience not to be missed.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 12/26/2022 at 10:06 PM, RoadTravelled said:

We've eaten there multiple times and always find it satisfying and typical Italian food in a well-themed venue.  On our last cruise aboard the maiden voyage of the Carnival Celebration we also tried for the first time the new Rudi's Seagrill.  By far we both agreed that it is now our favorite specialty restaurant.  Excellent food, well presented, superior service, and beautiful room all add to a very wonderful experience not to be missed.

A shame Rudi's is not featured on the other class vessels. Glad you enjoy the experience there. Any other favorite venues onboard Carnival Celebration?

@Emrys We were very impressed with many areas of the Carnival Celebration.  It's definitely a thoughtfully designed, and sophisticated ship that ups the game for Carnival.  One highlight for me was the Golden Jubilee bar area which executes the theme beautifully and is fun exploring all of the former relics of past ships (check-out the QRC on the wall for details).  I also enjoyed the Patio Pool area in the Summer Landing zone on deck 8 aft.  It's very relaxing with great furniture, views of the ship's wake, and was usually much less crowded than the other pools throughout the ship.  It's especially nice at night with the lighting effects of the pool area and the ship itself.

@RoadTravelled I saw that Carnival Celebration was the first ship to offer the Golden Jubilee! This would be especially cool if you have longevity cruising with the line. Were you able to experience some live music in the Golden Jubilee? The views of the Patio Pool sound amazing! I love a pool that isn't overly crowded.  I will actually avoid the pools during peak hours just to have a more peaceful experience. 

@Kendall James-Vargas Yes, the Golden Jubilee lounge area (next to the bar) has live piano music during the evening which is quite nice.  It's a great break from the noise and loud music that pervades much of the rest of the ship.  Attached is the pool area in question one night on our voyage — so peaceful and practically empty.  Of course this was on the TA voyage which might not reflect how it is currently being used on Caribbean cruises with much warmer weather.  But, still a very nice area.

image.thumb.png.f1792a3d3998eeed103175ccbbf8e335.png

@RoadTravelledThanks for sharing this visual! I absolutely love going on the pool decks at night and exploring the area while it's less crowded. There is something so peaceful about being in the open waters when it's dark out. Adding live piano to this experience must have been even more tranquil!

@DeanneB Yes, nothing beats a true authentic Italian meal. I usually opt for the pasta dishes! That's one of my favorite parts of Italian cuisine. What's your favorite?