Cruise Hive Boards

Food and Drink Packages Go Up in Price

3Sisters

Naturally, there will be some price increases to keep up with inflation.  I think there will keep the price of Inside and Oceanview relatively low with no OBCs and will increase the price for Balcony and Suites with OBCs and perks.  They will also charge for everything extra.  At least that is how I will do it.  They need to entice the new and returning cruisers with low fees and basic service.  The elite will have no problem paying for the extra.  Just please please, stop taking away people's jobs.

Edited by DeanneB
  • Thanks 1

The WIFI on Princess is terrible. I just came back from a Mexican Riviera cruise and even the workers onboard were complaining. So if they are going to up the cost on the WIFI, they need to improve the service. Also with them offering 2 fitness classes per day as part of the new package, these classes will fill up fast and guests won't be able to even get a class they choose.  I see this happening for the Crown Grill. Guests were receiving complimentary Specialty Dinning and the restaurants were unable to accommodate them.  They need to stop putting in extra perks if the ships can't accommodate what is being offered. All this does is cause problems for the crew and the guests.

• Thanks 1

@Deborah Ann I think its ironic that the cruise line is increasing its Wi-Fi costs, but the service isn't even all that great to begin with. That is such a bummer that all of the specialty services fill up so quickly. I'm glad you shared that. Now I know if I cruise with Princess Cruises, I need to book asap to get a spot! I agree, cruising should be relaxing, not chaotic. Hopefully the cruise line corrects this issue so you can enjoy the benefits you deserve. 

@DeanneB I agree, taking away jobs is not what the cruise lines should be doing! This can't be the best way to recoup financially. I think keeping interior stateroom prices lower and increasing the costs of specialty staterooms may be the way to go. Although, this idea may hinder the line from filling up those more expensive staterooms. I guess there is a pro and con to everything. Enticing loyal customers to return though, that should be at the top of the list.

10 hours ago, 3Sisters said:

@FJB I also usually don't go for the Wi-Fi package either. My husband would continuing working otherwise, and like you said, that doesn't make for a relaxing cruise!

We’ve got a cruise booked that includes gratuities, WiFi AND alcohol. Does that mean I can drunk text from the middle of the Caribbean Sea?  That could be relaxing.....better keep the phone locked in the safe!  My daughter on the other hand will appreciate the free WiFi...and drinks, but she can probably control her fingers better than her father....

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, 3Sisters said:

@FJB Phone locked in a safe sounds like the best way to go! I'm not sure if the younger generations can go a day without the use of their phones. It's such an essential nowadays!

Not just the younger generation - I’ve seen people older than me addicted to those darn smart devices. Of course the cruiselines are not helping matters any by creating apps where you can open your cabin door, orders drinks, or do the muster drill all with your phone that’s not really a phone anymore. 

• Like 1

@FJB You are so right. Of all of the people in my life, my grandma has the most free time and responds the fastest! For someone who prefers an internet-free cruise experience, the cruise lines are surely making it difficult! With all of the apps out there, I look silly not using it. They apps are super convenient too! 

• Like 1