Carnival Cruise Line's Cancellations

Carnival Cruise Line has made tons of recent shifts to its itineraries. The line just canceled several 2024 itineraries for Carnival Vista, Carnival Sunrise, and Carnival Miracle. Was anyone here affected by these newly announced cancelations? It seems like the cruise line will be appropriately compensating guests for the vast number of cancellations!

Carnival Vista has had a lot of propulsion problems over the years plus needs the new colors. Not to bash her because its currently my favorite ship. I believe they are not sending her to Jamaica and the Caymans in January and February 2023 so they can work on some of the current issues reducing her top speed. I believe they are doing the maintenance while she maintains a 7 day schedule to Cozumel, Honduras and Belize.  Hopefully they'll get her squared away for when she gets to her new home port.

We'll be on a back to back on Vista in late Feb & early Mar 2023. I think the second of the cruises will be her first return to Jamaica / Caymans after the maintenance.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I definitely like February to cruise because I feel like the Holidays are over but spring is coming when I get back. Usually a little chilly the first day south out of Galveston but not miserably so. Enjoyable no matter the weather. 

Staying in the Havana section on Vista again so really looking forward to that. 

• Like 1