Loyalty Benefit Removal

I guess they wanted to make it more exclusive. They did remove it from Diamond Crown and Anchor table of benefits.  Does not make any sense since they are alienating loyal customers.  Honestly, the suite and lounge access are not a big deal. anyhow.  I guess exclusivity is what attracts people, other than that not special or particularly useful.  The lounge at the airport now that is a must!!

Indeed Royal Caribbean has made yet another adjustment to its loyalty member benefits for Diamond and Diamond Plus members.  The cruise line will be extending the time frame for when guests can redeem their drink vouchers. https://www.cruisehive.com/royal-caribbean-shifts-timing-of-a-popular-loyalty-benefit/90600 

• Like 1

@Kendall James-Vargas That's interesting. There are several loyalty member changes happening in such a short amount of time. I wonder if this is an angle to continue to treat its guests after the recent benefit removal, or if this is the beginning of something new. Maybe the cruise line will completely restructure its membership tiers as popularity grows.

• Like 1

I love the airport lounge!  If anyone gets a chance to get access one should.  The long wait and delays are all too common so having a comfortable lounge to stay in is such a treat.  The cruise lounge is not a big deal for me.  I'd rather stay in my cabin if I just hang out at the cruise lounge.  But I agree RCCL should make it worthwhile for Diamond Plus guests even if they are not staying in suites.  Even though I have no use for concierge lounges, they should not be taking away these benefits from other who likes them.

• Like 1

@DeanneB I'm sure the airport lounge is a nice incentive for loyalty members to explore different embarkation ports they wouldn't usually travel to. Now that I don't live near a port. I'm starting to branch out a bit. When I lived in Florida I always booked from a Florida port because it was so convenient. No air travel was required! 

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/15/2022 at 2:05 AM, DeanneB said:

I guess they wanted to make it more exclusive. They did remove it from Diamond Crown and Anchor table of benefits.  Does not make any sense since they are alienating loyal customers.  Honestly, the suite and lounge access are not a big deal. anyhow.  I guess exclusivity is what attracts people, other than that not special or particularly useful.  The lounge at the airport now that is a must!!

It seems many people live on ships. Where did they get all that money?

@ArveyD I personally save monthly towards a vacation fund. It isn't a huge amount but with dedicated savings, cruising can certainly be a realistic vacation that doesn't require an excessive amount. I haven't cruised on a luxury line before, and I usually choose interior cabins to cut costs. Thankfully the industry has a variety of price ranges, making it feasible for many. It really all depends on priorities and spending habits!