Cruise Hive Boards

Looking Forward to the Celebrity Ascent?

Emrys

We've still got another Celebrity Edge-class cruise ship to look forward to, which is currently under construction at the Chantiers de l’Atlantique shipyard in France. The name of the vessel will be the Celebrity Ascent and she will arrive in December 2023, in Fort Lauderdale Florida. The new vessel will sail seven-day Eastern and Western Caribbean itineraries. Just wonder if anyone is thinking about booking the new ship?

celebrityascent2.jpg

4 hours ago, Emrys said:

We've still got another Celebrity Edge-class cruise ship to look forward to, which is currently under construction at the Chantiers de l’Atlantique shipyard in France. The name of the vessel will be the Celebrity Ascent and she will arrive in December 2023, in Fort Lauderdale Florida. The new vessel will sail seven-day Eastern and Western Caribbean itineraries. Just wonder if anyone is thinking about booking the new ship?

celebrityascent2.jpg

I’ll book if you book and may even buy you the 1st drink! 

Wife, daughter, and I went on the Edge 2 months before the Wuhan shutdown. Nice ship but not fans of the infinite veranda.  Last month when deciding on our first cruise since the Edge, I presented the family with 2 choices - Edge class ship going to ports we had already been or the oldest ship in the Celebrity fleet going to ports we had never visited.  It was a unanimous vote for the oldest ship! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 12/6/2022 at 3:13 AM, FJB said:

I’ll book if you book and may even buy you the 1st drink! 

Wife, daughter, and I went on the Edge 2 months before the Wuhan shutdown. Nice ship but not fans of the infinite veranda.  Last month when deciding on our first cruise since the Edge, I presented the family with 2 choices - Edge class ship going to ports we had already been or the oldest ship in the Celebrity fleet going to ports we had never visited.  It was a unanimous vote for the oldest ship! 

Haha, I'll remember you offered that first drink! Some of the older Celebrity ships have already been upgraded, including the blue livery. Which older ship is it?

9 hours ago, Emrys said:

Haha, I'll remember you offered that first drink! Some of the older Celebrity ships have already been upgraded, including the blue livery. Which older ship is it?

We are booked on the Millennium out of San Juan doing the ABC islands.  It will be our third time on Millennium - 1st time on it was less than 2 years old. We are looking forward to seeing the “new revolutionized” ship.  

• Like 1