Changing protocols

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Terry Taylor said:

Booking number 7182732

We booked to sail June 26. On July 18th protocols changed which would have allowed us to sail. One party had a covid shot that was only 12 days old, not the required 14 days. I was not about to strand our 19 y.o. granddaughter from Iowa by herself in Florida. So we all stayed back. Now only refund for her cabin.less then one month later RC changed the rules!!  We would like RC to acknowledge the loss of our vacation: driving 24 hours from Iowa, and 1 night at hotel, stress and strain from ruined vacation!  Two disappointed grandchildren and very devastated grandparents!

Ahh, I am sorry, you missed the protocol change that would have allowed you to sail together.  The protocol will keep on changing.  I can imagine the stress or the relief of the ever-changing protocol in the coming months.  Did your insurance cover the cancellation?  RCCL might acknowledge it but there is also a good chance they won't since the change happened post-cruise.