Js

In reference to covid testing being dropped on short cruises, there are very few cruises available that you will not need tested before you go. This is due to the fact that the destination requires the negative test before you leave. Not sure about anybody else but most of the testing centers in my area have closed down making getting a covid test prior to selling very difficult. I was planning on booking two cruises back to back to the Bahamas but after finding out I still had to try to find a testing center still open it's not worth the hassle. There are not many places that you can go to without a covid test that are short cruises. I am vaccinated and boosted but due to the lack of testing centers my cruising days are still on hold.

• Like 1

I don't like the testing either, being vaccinated x 2 and boosted x 2 but those are the times we live in. We've done the at home monitored test 3 or 4 times now. Pretty easy, available 24 hours a day and we can do it 3 days before the cruise. We have 4 cruises coming up, one this month that I'm sure we'll have to test for but  hoping that the ones in the fall and winter they will have gathered enough info to do away with it. 

Again, I'd rather not do it because there is a small chance you could come up positive but for us it's been worth the hassle. 

• Like 2

I don't like testing either.  I do not like the process and it leaves me sneezing and my tears welling up.  I need a good 10 minutes to stop the urge of sneezing.  The hospital I work for a couple of hours a week requires us to test weekly.  I am taking care of seniors so we have to make sure, we are not carriers.  You'd think I am used to it by now.

For me it's the uncertainty, your whole vacation hinges on that one moment and there's nothing you can do about it. 

We took our girl and a friend on a Spring Break cruise a few months ago, a trip they planned for more than a year, and to watch them take those tests...they looked like they were going to the electric chair. All was well, on all of ours cruises so far, but it can be stressful.

Anyway, nothing we can do about it, getting ready to sail in a few weeks and have our tests ready.