Definition of Fully Vaccinated Over 12’s?

Can anybody clarify what the position is regarding vaccinations for over 12’s. My daughter is 13 and in the U.K. this age group are only being offered one dose  of the Pfizer vaccine, therefore she would be fully vaccinated based on U.K. regulations. We are booked on a cruise next April Out of Florida but are questioning whether she will be able to travel as the rules require all passengers over 12 to be fully vaccinated - presumably under USA regulations which are offering two doses  Seems a little unfair as we have no option but is my understanding correct? 

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi @Cymru68, that's a very good question, and often the rules in the UK are different to the U.S. Which cruise line are you booked with? I'll have to take a deeper look.

By the way, are you from Wales by any chance? I see the welsh name in your username! Cruise Hive is based in Swansea, Wales!

• 3 weeks later...

I was also looking to book a cruise this December from Southampton with MSC around Northern Europe. The travel advisor from MSC told me that my daughter who is 15 has had the single covid dose being offered by the uk yet she is unable to travel as that is regarded as being not fully vaccinated. It is ridiculous considering she's not allowed a second dose as I've already enquired at the hospital where she was given the first.