Balcony Bed?

3Sisters

Apparently a CCL guest didn't feel close enough to the water. Balcony staterooms have beautiful views, with lots of lovely perks; however, this guest took the waterfront views to the next level. Someone please explain to me how in the world this guest got the bed like this? I'm shocked at this photo, speechless. 

image.thumb.png.63389966444085d33be64e7a5abd313c.png

This is certainly over the top. There is no need for anyone to do that. The views from the bed with a balcony are marvellous. I'm sure this could be seen as criminal damage, with various components that can be damaged as it's moved. And also is it fair that the maintenance or the cleaners come and see that. 

@Woody14 It's crazy to think this even crossed a persons mind! There should be a fine for something like this. Also, I have cruised on CCL several times and it never crossed my mind to see how heavy the beds were. I just laid down and went to sleep. Do you think this guest should get in trouble for doing this? At least this person wasn't tampering with CCL's water bottles. That person deserved to be banned for life after a scandal like that. Does anyone remember that?

image.thumb.png.af69ff2a2e08752c22e2fe9284832ed1.png

@Woody14 I'm glad you agree. This is totally breaking to rules. Do you even think it's stated somewhere that you aren't allowed to put a bed on a balcony? I feel like that common knowledge. If it's not already stated, it may be time CCL considers putting a clause on its policy page. This is most certainly a larger than average balcony size. What type of stateroom do you think this is? It's definitely a good one for sunbathing! Do you think these guests actually slept out there, camping out all night? 

3 hours ago, Cruising Caribbean said:

This is most certainly a larger than average balcony size. What type of stateroom do you think this is? It's definitely a good one for sunbathing! 

My guess is this is an aft balcony (the ones directly on the back of the ship)  - many of those are deeper, I have had a few in my time that would have been big enough to do this, but the thought had never even crossed my mind.

I don’t like to profile but I do it a lot - to me this is typical of what I have come to expect of Carnival ships.  This along with ships that can’t make it to their planned ports of call on time.