Cruise Hive Boards

Hapag Lloyd has become the new holder of the lowest CDC inspection score

@AlPastorTaco That's such a shame really. No ship should receive such a poor score. Have you cruised with Hapag Lloyd? I have not, but after seeing this score I wouldn't want to cruise with the line either. Once a line gets a score like this, it is the beginning to a really bad reputation. I hope Hapag Lloyd turns things around quickly for the better.

How can a cruise ship get such a low score? They charge enough to sail on them, and I'd be interested to know more information on this. It was only a year ago that they received the highest award for their fleet with five star rating. Is this CDC score a one off, a slip in standards lately or has something gone wrong with the cruise line.

@LukeJ I don't know much about this smaller line since I haven't cruised with them before. It does seem like the line typically has a strong reputation. Let's just hope this was a fluke rating and the line cleans up its act. Thanks for sharing your perspective here! Has anyone cruised with Hapag Lloyd before and enjoyed their cruise experience? 

• Like 1

They could have been really unlucky at that time. But it goes to show that as a company, you have to be vigilant and aware at all times because you never know. 

When I worked in the hospitality industry, we had inspections at any given time. We had no idea when they would show up, it could be on any day, at any time, however they always seemed to show up when we were busy and during the lunch period. They would always say they would work around you and to continue what you'd be doing, but then stop you at every opportunity to show them different aspects of the kitchen. 

• Thanks 1

@LukeJ For a nicer cruise line, I'm surprised Hapag Loyd got the score that it did. I'm hopeful it was a fluke thing and it cleans up its act. I know that when inspectors show up at random it's the best. That's the best way to get a true analysis of the safety status onboard. Sometimes the crew lets their guard down, and that's clearly what happened. I was honesty surprised about MSC Seaside too! I have been on MSC Seaside and found it to be super clean but that was years ago. Things can change though!

Edited by Kendall James-Vargas
  • Like 1