Cruise Hive Boards

Celebrity millennium skips 2 ports

Andrea

Dear all, we are onboard of Celebrity millennium crew just informed us that the ship will skip 1 full day at the port of kagoshima and 1 full day at shimizu to Avoid thypon approaching Japan. Millenium will stop only half day in hakodate istead. Safety first is a must but, all Guest onboard are Very upset because no compensation has been offered and a better alternative itinerary could be found

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

@Andrea I would be so upset too. The avoiding of this typhoon is very important for guest safety. Compensation should certainly be offered for skipping these ports and I'm quite surprised another stop wasn't an option. Sometimes other ports of call are scheduled out or don't have the space/capacity for the ship in such an unexpected/last minute way. What other stops do you think the Celebrity Millennium crew should have considered? Many of the surrounding areas were not deemed safe.

image.thumb.png.c8adad590512ec88ad8202075799971f.png

@Andrea That's so annoying! Mother nature can't be controlled, but I wouldn't be happy with that cruise outcome. I'm sure your itinerary wasn't cheap. What compensation would you expect from this itinerary change? I would think Celebrity Cruises should offer a reimbursement of some kind, at least the port taxes and fees. It looks like your cruise ends tomorrow. Hopefully you are offered something before you disembark tomorrow!