Help - Slow Lagging CruiseHive website!

I like the CruiseHive site but I don’t visit it as much as I used to because it has gotten very slow on my 6th gen iPad running iPadOS 16.6.  When I try to read the news portion, it constantly reloads.  When I try to post on the boards, the typing stops and takes forever to catch up to what I’m typing.  Sometimes it reloads in the middle of typing.  Very annoying.  We had a local news website that I visited everyday, but then they started putting too many pop up ads on that slowed my iPad to a crawl so I only visit maybe twice a month now.  I understand ads is what makes this website money, but there’s got to be a better way that doesn’t slow my iPad down.   I really don’t want to stop visiting this site but the slower it becomes, the more annoyed I get.  

It took me more than 7 minutes to type this because of the reloading and delayed typing caused by the website.  

• Sad 1

@FJB That's not good! My iPad is very slow now, but it's an older generation. I don't even know which generation it is but it's slow for everything! The only thing I can recommend for the iPad is deleting apps and freeing up storage. Sometimes that significantly speeds up the operator. Cruise Hive has lots on the webpage and I have had success by closing out any open tabs before opening it in the browser. It shouldn't be a challenge to enjoy Cruise Hive! I love your participation on the boards. Are you facing a similar issue on your computer? 

Hey @FJB, thanks so much for letting us know about this. We always want to make sure we find a nice balance on the site where we can have ads but also keep a good user experience. We have just made a slight adjustment, but that might not be enough. Will look into it more as we understand older devices can be bogged down with too many loading elements and things like that.

We want you to use the site all day, every day, so we will keep working on it. If anyone else ever has any issues, please feel free to let us know here too.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Cruise Hive said:

Hey @FJB, thanks so much for letting us know about this. We always want to make sure we find a nice balance on the site where we can have ads but also keep a good user experience. We have just made a slight adjustment, but that might not be enough. Will look into it more as we understand older devices can be bogged down with too many loading elements and things like that.

We want you to use the site all day, every day, so we will keep working on it. If anyone else ever has any issues, please feel free to let us know here too.

Thx for responding.  I seem to notice a difference tonight - not as much lagging as I am typing this.  

• Thanks 1

@FJB I'm glad it's all working out now! My older device can be slow in general, with many sites and applications. I tend to lack storage on my devices too. Clearing up storage on your devices will help with overall speed in general. Thanks @Cruise Hive for double checking! The site is very user friendly but we certainly don't want any issue to impede on your presence here! 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Cruise Hive said:

Hey @FJB, are the Cruise Boards still performing ok now?

I just read 6 news articles and the site only reloaded the page 1 time while reading one of the articles.  I’ve made 2 posts, including this one, with no lagging in the typing.   Though I still notice a small lag in some loading of pages, it is much improved. Maybe we have a happy medium?  Thx for addressing the issue.  

• Like 1