What Would You Like to See on the Massive New Class Carnival Cruise Ships?

Funny enough, a CCL guest was called out for their Crocs on elegant night. I happen to think Crocs are very casual, although I have seen some decent looking loafers and wedges in the stores. The standard Crocs with the holes are meant for a day spent at the beach or in the water in my mind! Would you wear Crocs in the MDR? 

image.thumb.png.75cde69d6316fa66cf8211b2cf22c85d.png

@3Sisters just returned home after a memorable cruise to the Norwegian Fjords. I loved everything about it. The trip, the ship, the scenery, the weather, the shoes, the food and the dressing up. My family had the most wonderful time, and we have returned home now on a high. 

• Thanks 1

@LukeJ Thanks for this update! I'm so glad you enjoyed your Norwegian Fjords cruise! I would love to hear more about it. Which was your favorite port of call? This was your first Norwegian Fjords cruise, right? I haven't done this itinerary before so it would be lovely to know more about it!

• Thanks 1

@3Sisters thank you for your kind words. Yes it was our first Norwegian Fjords trip and I cannot highly recommend it enough. The ship was breathtaking and sleek, and the crew were wonderful and attentive. I loved every port of calls, as there was something different in each one, but my favourite port had to be Stavanger. We had a balcony, so when we opened the curtains first thing in the morning to see us approaching the port, I was blown away by it's scenery. Even my young son couldn't believe it. As a photographer, it was a dream. We had a tour around too, which was very informative.

DSC_0577.JPG

• Thanks 1

@LukeJ That makes me so happy! It really sounds like after the P&O Cruises experience you just had, you would absolutely do it again. There is something to be said about an unforgettable vacation, and this sounds like it was certainly one of those! Thanks for sharing that awesome shot. Was this taken in Stavanger? It seems like the views on this itinerary were majestic, something completely different than your typical scenery! If I'm being honest, the Caribbean scenery is getting old for me. I'm thinking of less tropical and more lush with greenery/landscape. The fact that you son was impressed speaks volumes. It's hard to impress children these days. 

Yes we had a blast. It was certainly the perfect tonic. Yes the shot was taken as we were approaching the port in Stavanger. I was stood on my balcony as I took it, which I feel lucky. I spent most mornings sitting out there just watching the ocean and the scenery. Its certainly something to take in. My son isn't easily pleased I must admit, and it takes a lot to try and prize him away from the screens, but admittedly even he would spend some time with me on the balcony before we went for food.

Cruising Caribbean this story was very unique because this particular guest "couldn't" wear other formal shoes comfortable. Personally, I don't think any shoes that could be seen as a water shoes should be allowed in the MDRs but I'm old fashioned! I love to dress up and dress my best, even when I fly on an airplane. I don't see the reason to wear sweats while you fly. There are so many other comfortable styles you can wear without having to wear sweatpants. The idea of being comfortable first really has taken precedence, but I'm not sure if the formal way of life will really come back around. I think Crocs and flip flops are seen as acceptable in the MDR and it will likely remain this way. I refuse to follow suit, but to each their own!

@LukeJ I'm so glad to hear you had a blast on your cruise! Thanks for sharing that shot in Stavanger. It looks surreal. It sounds like your son was able to take a break from electronics and really enjoy all of the areas beauty. How were the children's programs onboard for him? What were some of his most memorable experiences on the cruise? Did you find the ship to have enough amenities for children onboard? 

@Kendall James-Vargas yes it was truly wonderful. The children's amenities was plentiful, however we never got to experience that as my son would refuse to use them and stayed with us the entire time. It was nice in a way that we could all be together, we just didn't want him to be bored. But we made the most of it, by bringing our own entertainment in the form of cards and other games. We played with the ships games onboard and did some drawings, so we all got involved.

• Like 1

@LukeJ Oftentimes my children would do the same thing. I think the novelty of being with family on vacation is a nice thing, particularly when kids are away from their parents most of the time like when at school. I remember enjoying the teen club as a child, but my younger kids also prefer to be with my unless there was a special event. Were there any family events onboard that you could have done together? Cards is a great idea. My girls are really into the game "sevens" lately. Have you played that game before? The ship games are typically family friendly so I'm glad you were all able to do that together.

• Like 1

@Kendall James-Vargas yes children tend to cling to you when you're away, I guess they are a little nervous of leaving us in a place they don't know. We didn't mind, it was his vacation too. We would spend at least an hour and a half in the cabin per day so he could watch some TV, but mostly we would be in port or finding something to do onboard. I don't think I've heard of "sevens", not unless it's called something different with us. But we would play "Uno" and other card games that were designed especially for children. Other than that, we would play pool, or shuttleboard or chess. 

Call me old fashioned, but I prefer the Spirit class ships!  I'm more a destination cruiser than an onboard activity one.  I like the longer cruises, where I have a chance to interact with both crew and other passengers.  Forty-nine days around South America on Splendor back in 2009 is still my favorite of over 500 cruises.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Joyce Geraci said:

Call me old fashioned, but I prefer the Spirit class ships!  I'm more a destination cruiser than an onboard activity one.  I like the longer cruises, where I have a chance to interact with both crew and other passengers.  Forty-nine days around South America on Splendor back in 2009 is still my favorite of over 500 cruises.

Sorry. This comment was supposed to be on page 1 about new large class ships.

@Joyce Geraci Thanks for your feedback! I enjoy onboard activities but I totally understand where you are coming from. The size and amenities of the Spirit Class ships are great. I'm not sure bigger is better. I do think this new class of ships will attract a novice or first time cruiser. More seasoned cruisers appreciate more than the size of the ship and amenities. That Carnival Splendor cruise sounds amazing! I would love to take a 49-day cruise at some point! Cheers to 500 cruises and counting. That's fabulous! What has been your favorite cruise line thus far?