Cruise Hive Boards

Beyond - Here We Come!

FJB

Just got home from our cruise.  The weather was almost perfect - a few of those Florida showers during sail-away last Sunday and then a few showers in Cozumel the morning we got off of the ship and into the taxi, but by the time we got to Mr Sanchos Beach Resort, the rain had stopped and the sun shone the rest of the day.  

I did time our embarkation for those wondering.  We arrived at Port Everglades just a couple minutes after noon for a 12:30-1 boarding time.  From the time my feet got out of our Uber until the time my feet hit the deck of the ship was just a few seconds shy of 12 minutes.   We only stopped walking long enough to tip the porter who took our bags and then long enough to answer the health questions and have our security picture taken for our seapass cards.   If the Celebrity app had been working properly earlier that morning for us to answer the health questions, we would have been on the ship in less than 10 minutes.   We were on the ship about 12:15, went directly to our muster station to check in and then to our cabins to drop off our carry-ons.  I’m guessing we had our 1st adult beverages in hand by about 12:45.   

Celebrity does have the whole embarkation  and muster drill figured out.  No more long check-in lines or boring muster drill assemblies.  

• Like 1

That weather really worked you for Mr Sanchez. Can you imagine if you got rained out for that experience? That would feel like such a waste. I'm so impressed by 12 minutes. It almost feels like how could that even happen. I have never experienced such a fast embarkation process. My husband would be so delighted with this considering he hates waiting in lines for things. Is that how Celebrity Cruises does its muster drill? I have always had to do it with everyone else walking around like cattle to and from the muster station when the siren goes off. I'm going to give it a go. I wonder why other cruise lines don't do it this way. It sounds ingenious! It's such a waste to the drills when people aren't really participating, just walking around somewhere they will likely forget.