VIFP

Vifp diamond and platinum levels should be separated. After all it only takes 75 sea days to make platinum, but 200 to make diamond. That is quite a disparity when you consider the amount of time and money spent by diamond members vs platinum just on cruise fares.

• Thanks 2

@ARJ I happen to agree. There are some areas that could be revamped for the VIFP club and that's why CCL has decided to make some changes. I think that the Platinum and Diamond levels should be separated. They are currently separated, but the loyalty perks are almost the same. What differences would you recommend? Do you think less should be given to Platinum members or more perks should be given to Diamond members. If the Diamond members should get more perks, what should those perks be? 

image.thumb.png.3ab221b7a170e00d992c11b6388f8cbc.png

@ARJ @Kendall James-Vargas We're Platinum on Carnival and, for me, doesn't really matter that much. The only thing I value is the debarkation and  perhaps getting to check in 2 days early. I don't really base any trips on VIFP level. Carnival's program is a little anemic compared to some others but you know the rules when you join the game.

As for Diamond being a larger commitment of time and money, I would agree completely with the first part but the money part is a  little more gray. Carnival's VIFP program, at least for the time being, is based on days at sea, that's it.

You can go on a 7 day cruise, inside cabin, for next to nothing and I can go in the Captain's Suite for 7 days and spend thousands of dollars. You both get 7 points.

We cruise balcony and suite cabins and spend thousands each time on cruise fare alone, at times approaching $10K . Obviously others spend even more. This isn't a complaint, it's a choice, and we've loved every minute of it. My only point is a lot of people who are Platinum commit a lot of money also.

My guess is Carnival will grandfather all the Platinum and Diamond members and perhaps move to a days at sea / spending at sea plan. Maybe moving back the breakpoints for Platinum and Diamond...or make a new tier in between.

I really can't see Carnival bestowing more perks on anyone except the very highest tier if the create a new one. The have not been in the business of giving away freebies and more in the mode of taking them away. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

@KeithG Thanks for your personal feedback. It seems like you are very loyal to CCL. It's going to be interesting to see what happens when the new VIFP information rolls out. I think many guests will be frustrated if the rewards points system changes. Yes, many guests what to earn points for what the spend onboard but the sea day point accumulation system has been pretty reliable. It can get tricky when you throw more factors into the mix. I hope the line does grandfather in Diamond and Platinum members. A new tier in the middle is a very interesting idea. I think that actually would be super beneficial! I mostly wonder about perks. I'm excited to see which new perks will be thrown into the mix. 

• 3 weeks later...

@KeithG I would love to see the VIFP program to offer more exclusivity onboard. The idea of specialty designated spaces could be a nice bonus to add for those top tiered guests! Giving guests specialty spaces instead of swag or propaganda is more important to me. I doubt the idea of sectioned out pool loungers would fly well onboard CCL ships, but some of those next level perks would be super attractive beyond a welcome back drink.