Cruise Hive Boards

Brilliance of the Seas vs. Carnival Horizon

nickel30

Good morning everyone,

My husband and I cruised about 10 years ago with Carnival on Victory and had a nice time.  In 2023, we cruised for the first time with Royal Caribbean of Odyssey of the Seas and our experience was awesome.  Great staff and food, seemed like a big improvement from Carnival, but again, our last experience had been 10 years prior.  We are now looking to book a cruise that will include our daughters, who will be 4 and 9 when we cruise.  We are trying to decide between Brilliance of the Seas and Carnival Horizon.  I know the age is probably the biggest factor in differences, but I was hoping for some opinions in regards to experience recently with Carnival vs. Royal Caribbean.  We are open to the smaller ship size but don't want our daughters to be bored.  The Brilliance itinerary is a 7 day from San Juan that includes Aruba, Curacao and Tortola.  The Horizon itinerary is an 8 day from Miami and includes Aruba, Curacao and Bonaire.  Any thoughts between the two lines are appreciated along with any experience with children on Brilliance. 

Thank you!

Nicole

• Like 1

@nickel30 It really all depends on the ship and itinerary! Both CCL and RCL are great lines that are attractive to families and a diverse group of guests. I have cruised with both lines and I typically prefer RCL over CCL. This opinion is definitely itinerary dependent. Both lines have good kids clubs and amenities that your your children will enjoy. I love both lines for families and you really can't go wrong with either. If the prices were the same I would probably go for Brilliance of the Seas and cruise out of Miami. 

image.thumb.png.633a843e35289ac2f22f7ba21ae7e355.png