Cruise Hive Boards

Disney Fantasy level of service

Posted (edited)

Now I know there are going to be people who disagree with me and that is perfectly fine but don't beat me up over my review. 

1) If you have food allergies don't go on the Disney Fantasy. They were unable to make adjustments to any of their menus and I had to have the same bland food. The last Disney Fantasy cruise the chef spoke to me and we talked and there was excellent food made in the main dining rooms. This time was oh well so sad for the first 4 days he until I complained. Then they changed out the flavor of the sorbet. Getting plain dried out chicken, steak, salmon is unacceptable. I couldn't even get them to make me a plain garden salad until the last night because that was on the menu. The only place I could have a meal specially made was Palo and Remy and as you know that cost extra. I did have 4 excellent meals and specially made desserts at those venues for the extra cost. 

I could not go to the buffet or any of the other places because of cross contamination. 

2) I was concierge one bedroom suite on the Disney Fantasy several years ago and it was as you say to die for. So I did concierge one bedroom again. I will just say their A team must of went to the Wish because this definitely was the B maybe C team. They given us a lot of misinformation that did change our opinion of the concierge lounge. Had to tell the room attendant that the missed picking up dirty glass and plates off the table and outside on the balcony several times. 

3) We been on 7 cruises total in concierge levels and I know many of you have been on so many more at various levels. But this was the most unfortunate experience we have ever had and will not be taking another Disney Fantasy crcruise. Going back to Royal Caribbean. 

Miss Lizzie 

Edited by Miss Lizzie
  • Thanks 1

@Miss Lizzie This doesn't sound good at all! I always thought Disney Cruise Line would be better than this. The line should be much more accommodating for food allergies! I don't understand why the menu options were so bland for you allergen, and it's certainly disappointing that DCL didn't do better for you. Have you had differing experiences on other Disney ships? I would imagine the cost of Palo and Remy was worth it considering how dull the other dining options were in comparison. The fact that you couldn't dine in the buffet must have been another huge letdown! Considering the amount of yummy food options onboard, I'm very disappointed there weren't more options for you. 

I'm very surprised by the concierge lounge service! It should have been top level service, not leaving dirty dishes behind style! For the amount you pay for a Disney Cruise Line experience, this just doesn't justify the significant price differential. I can't believe Disney Fantasy let you down like this. It's a shame you won't be cruising with the line anymore and will opt for RCL instead. At least RCL will be a bit cheaper! Wasn't this the cruise you were getting married on? 

@Miss Lizzie This is so frustrating! Having a food allergy is challenging enough, but trying to vacation with one is a whole other level of difficulty. I'm certainly sad by the lack of accommodation Disney Cruise Line had for your allergen. I happen to think that the line should have/could have done better. I have found that DCL is one of the best when it comes to food and food quality, and it's so shameful that the line wasn't able to even touch that expectation when trying to accommodate to you. I'm also quite disappointed with the concierge service. You deserved better than this for your cruise! I don't blame you for wanting to move on to RCL anyhow. The prices will surely be more reasonable than DCL!

On 7/3/2024 at 3:14 PM, Kendall James-Vargas said:

@Miss Lizzie This is so frustrating! Having a food allergy is challenging enough, but trying to vacation with one is a whole other level of difficulty. I'm certainly sad by the lack of accommodation Disney Cruise Line had for your allergen. I happen to think that the line should have/could have done better. I have found that DCL is one of the best when it comes to food and food quality, and it's so shameful that the line wasn't able to even touch that expectation when trying to accommodate to you. I'm also quite disappointed with the concierge service. You deserved better than this for your cruise! I don't blame you for wanting to move on to RCL anyhow. The prices will surely be more reasonable than DCL!

I ordered 8 of their allergies free cup cakes online before I left. I just want to say DON'T DO IT. They were the worst cakes I ever had, I ended up throwing them away. I buy and make my own allergies free cakes and I just can't believe that they were so bad. Now they were pretty but my dog wouldn't of eaten them. The taste was so nasty. Not sure where they got them from but they need to get rid of that distributor or fire that baker. 

@Miss Lizzie That must have been so upsetting! I thought DCL had incredible dessert options. Even though these cupcakes were allergen friendly, they should have still been good. The fact that you had to throw them away is horrible. What is wild to me is that in Disney Springs they actually have an amazing allergy friendly bakery. If only they could have used their products or recipes you could have had a totally different experience. I don't see why they wouldn't use someone they already partner with!

https://www.disneysprings.com/dining/erin-mckennas-bakery-nyc/

• 3 weeks later...

I have already moved on to another cruise line. I talked to several and have booked my granddaughter spring break cruise with Princess. We looked at a lot of factors and we think they will be best. I will post on their forum when closer. 

We are looking at the Queen Elizabeth for Alaska in the summer and maybe MSC.

I just don't think Disney is worth the money and longer. 

Thanks happy sailing ️ 

Miss Lizzie 

• Thanks 1

@Miss Lizzie Princess Cruises is a great choice! I think you will really enjoys cruising with the line if you haven't done so already. I absolutely love MSC Cruises for families. Queen Elizabeth for Alaska would also be breathtaking! I agree that unless you are truly in love with the Disney Cruise Line characters, it doesn't necessarily justify the steep prices. I'm excited you are trying new cruise lines and not giving up on cruising all together after your poor Disney Fantasy experience. Cruising is still a wonderful way to vacation! I have no doubt you will be able to get a better cruise experience that will meet expectations. If you ever need recommendations for MSC Cruises let me know. I have been on many of the fleet members and really love the onboard experience. MSC World America is going to be a hit.

image.thumb.png.7ede6bd485a5af8ce3da73abdd0a4400.png

• 1 month later...

@Miss Lizzie I came across this article and thought of you. 

https://www.cruisehive.com/engaged-couples-invited-to-wed-onboard-new-disney-cruise-ship/143654

DCL's Disney Fairy Tale Weddings and Honeymoons program is inviting guests on the new Disney Destiny. Do you think this ship will do it better for newlyweds? I know you recently got married onboard aa Disney ship, and it wasn't what you expected.