Adults only section

I just would like to say that I've been on a couple cruises not that many but they have all been with carnival now. What I don't understand is they have two sections usually for smoking. Yes I am a smoker but you go back in the adults only section and you cannot smoke there. That does not make sense to me. You let us smoke by the pool where the children are but you don't let us smoke in the adults only section?

• Thanks 1

@Melody I'm not a fan of smoking so appreciate that there are sections, but the placement of those sections isn't always that great. I wish the smoking sections were better tucked away. On my last cruise it was right in front of the towel exchange area and I couldn't exchange my towels without being exposed to secondhand smoke while pregnant with my children by my side. Smoking in the adults-only section sounds better. I really wish that all cruise lines would really take what you are saying into consideration. All those smoking are welcome in the adults only section anyways! It just makes sense! 

I just couldn't understand that they're very family friendly and I assume by the way they have the smokers that they don't appreciate smokers either? Put all that aside, either way it just makes sense for adults to smoke in the adult smoking section. Children under the age of 18 are not allowed to smoke there anyways.

• Thanks 1

@Melody This is a great observation. I like the idea of smokers having a convenient but isolated place to smoke at their convenience. I think the biggest issue here is that the smoking area isn't placed effectively. Those that are trying to avoid the smoke can't because of the smoking location. Adults are the only ones smoking (hopefully). There is nothing wrong with the section being in the adults only area. It makes the most sense to me too. Sometimes those areas are really beautiful, but as someone who doesn't enjoy smoking, keeping it at a distance is much appreciated. Since I cruise with my kids, I never end up going too the adults only section which means I would literally never encounter the smoking section onboard at all!