Tropical Storm Alberto

Three CCL may be impacted by Tropical Storm Alberto. These three ships (Carnival Dream, Carnival Breeze, and Carnival Jubilee) are currently cruising out of Texas. Is anyone booked on these ships in the coming days? Will anyone be impacted by Tropical Storm Alberto? CCL won't be the only line impacted so I will keep my eyes open for any updates that come my way. I'm hopefully Tropical Storm Alberto won't cause too much havoc as it approaches Texas. 

image.thumb.png.bee106b63a875a8a668d5f429d1611bb.png

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thankfully Tropical Storm Alberto didn't cause too much of a scene but it's definitely just the beginning. There will be more to come and it's important for cruise guests to be on the lookout, keeping watch on the the evolving weather patterns. Winds and rain while cruising can be a buzz kill. I'm glad Alberto didn't turn into a hurricane! image.png.d24137a632586f839f29c3f5c0411caf.png

There are a few tropical disturbances brewing in the Atlantic Ocean right now. I think one of them will totally turn into a cyclone, but hopefully it doesn't become anything beyond that! The one featured in red below has a 90% chance of turning into a cyclone within the next 48 hours.

image.png.1192078608647939c467c02503153277.png

I'm pretty sure that was the disturbance that turned into Hurricane Beryl. That was a pretty good call! Many cruises had to switch up itineraries to avoid Hurricane Beryl. The trajectory significantly switched since the last time I checked. It looks like it's heading towards Mexico now. It's going to have some power for sure! Was anyones itinerary impacted by Hurricane Beryl? 

image.png.6227b5a742f4a09072bec7082b790692.png

Yes, I think that shot actually was one that showed the trajectory of the (then) future Hurricane Beryl. Some ports had to close, but thankfully Jamaica ports have officially reopened since the hurricane. There is still more to come from Beryl as it makes landfall in Mexico. I'm hopeful there is minimal devastation here. What a shame it is that these ares are already getting hit with such a fierce hurricane!

image.png.3681ab60f4311b0d41f1f67c61a8d955.png

Thankfully Beryl is officially a tropical storm that will likely begin to dissipate. Unfortunately, Mariner of the Seas had to reroute due to Beryl. The rest of the Atlantic and Pacific is looking pretty clear as of now. I'm hoping it stays that way, but I doubt it. Surely there is more to come.

image.png.230154b3abd5ec7b72b483cce07bcf5c.png

• 2 weeks later...

I love that the hurricanes have been relatively quiet since Beryl. I'm hopeful we have another mild week ahead, with nothing brewing over the weekend. The forecast is so unpredictable, we just really never know! There is only one little disturbance out in the Pacific but it will likely die down and become nothing. It only has a 10% chance of becoming a cyclone. 

image.png.a0adbbd9caed647a09ca646e390603ca.png

It's still looking pretty clear out in the waters. I think your forecast was pretty accurate about a quiet weekend. I'm sure it will all pick up eventually as those water temps warm up. It surely is getting hot down there in the Atlantic and Gulf of Mexico. Those hotter temps usually are a brewing ground for hurricanes unfortunately. 

It's been a pretty clear week, but that disturbance is still brewing west of Mexico. There is a 50% chance it become something more in the next 48 hours so I still have my eye on it. Within the next 7 days it definitely have potential to become more, possibly bringing lots of rain and wind to that region. 

image.png.052d3ce2da6e64a7eb89ce6d4d71bb6b.png

Edited by Cruising Caribbean