Cruise Hive Boards

MSC questions for upcoming Seascape cruise

We will be sailing MSC for the first time and on the Seascape and have specific questions that are a bit vague so far even after watching MSC YouTube videos. We cruise nearly full time on RCL but this will be a new experience for us. Thanks in advance for answering our questions.

1. Do you really have to go to a kiosk onboard to register your credit card for expenses or can that be done on the app prior to sailing?

2. How and when do we select the preferred main dining dinner time along with a request for a table for two? Does that have to be done once onboard?

3. How is the service at dinner in main dining?

4. How good is the internet at sea?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@Loyal To Royal I have been on MSC Seascape and really enjoyed it! Currently, it's MSC Cruises have been my preferred line to cruise. 

1. You can do it at the kiosks onboard really easily. I personally don't link my card and pay at the end. I do believe you can do it simply through the app. The app is very user-friendly. 

2. I'm not sure which package you booked with but you can see "early" or "late" dinner seating time on your booking confirmation. These details will also show if you link your booking to your app or through MSC Cruises' website guest portal. The table request for two will have to be done onboard at the MDR. 

3. I find the dinner service in the MDR to be exceptional. I love dining in the MDR and the food quality is great. Pasta is made fresh onboard. 

4. I opt out of internet at sea, but it works just fine. What internet package did you purchase? 

Excellent replies and much appreciated. We booked their package deal where the fare includes the mid level drink package and basic internet for two. The cruse takes place when the Seascape starts up out of Galveston so we have plenty of time to do more research as well. Have watched many videos comparing RCL to MSC to get more info. Seems most compare the two pretty much the same. Pros and cons of each.

• Like 1

@Loyal To Royal The basic internet for two package is decent service, but not super speed. It depends a lot on where you are located on the ship when you are browsing. The Easy Plus drink package included in that booking type is great! You will have a really good selection of beverages. Did you book the Bella or Fantastica package? If you book with the Fantastica package you will have more flexibility to change your dining preferences. I booked MSC Seascape out of Galveston in 2026. I can't wait to hear about whaat you think! I personally love MSC Cruises. It's more international. When is your date of embarkation? If you enjoy European food, you will really enjoy the food selection onboard the MSC Cruises' ships. 

image.thumb.png.d10a674b5554aad21ef937b08d178011.png

• 2 weeks later...

Fantastica package so good to know that. Galveston as well for us since we  live just a tad North of Houston so most of our cruises are out of Galveston. Booked a back to back on the Seascape April 2026. Unfortunately the same ports as we do all the time on RCL but looking forward to  trying a different cruise line especially since they status match.

• Like 1

@Loyal To Royal You should be able to change your dining preferences without an issue if you have the Fantastica package. I have done it before many times without an issue but it must be done on the first day of the cruise itinerary. The MDR typically opens about 4:30pm, an hour before the first seating. This is the optimal time to go to the hostess station and change your dining time and make any specialty requests. Living in Houston makes cruising out of Galveston pretty practical. Back-to-back cruising would be so awesome! Even if it's the same ports of call you are going to enjoy and really love the ship. What status did they end up matching for you? I'm officially Dimond (the top tier) and it didn't take much time for me to get there with the loyalty match. MSC Cruises will be very different from RCL, but I think you will enjoy the experience overall. Since you have been to all those ports of call, is there one you are planning to explore one your own without an excursion? 

Good to hear how their MDR works. The process will be new to us as on RCL You select either early late or my time right at the time of booking. We personally always select the late seating so as to not miss a lot of activities and cocktails right before that time. We are getting close to Pinnacle with RCL so they gave us Gold staus right away. Recently saw in the news a lot of cruise lines now are offering some sort of status match! Thanks for the good and positive insight.

• Like 1

@Loyal To Royal Royal Caribbean Line is totally different than MSC Cruises. Every cruise line is so different though. The choose your dining time option is a good option, but waits can occur and be unpredictable. I enjoy having the same waiter/waitress at the same table, at the same time, everyday. The late dining time is pretty late with MSC Cruises, but everything happen to end really late on MSC Cruises, because it's a European Cruise Line. The fact that you are basically Pinnacle with RCL speaks volumes. Status match isn't that common, but it's gaining popularity particularly when it comes to brand reciprocity. RCL announced it will be offering brand reciprocity and that's huge! It's great news with your current RCL status. 

https://www.cruisehive.com/royal-caribbean-launches-loyalty-status-match-program-across-brands/135767

image.thumb.png.e1edfb46666265e8c37ddff5c611167e.png

Edited by Cruising Caribbean