What is your favorite RCL ship and port so far?

1. What is your favorite RCL ship and why?

2. What has been your favorite port to visit and why?

Ours is either The Independence or Mariner of The Seas as they are less crowded. Has Playmakers sports bar with great food, and the adults only Solarium pools are very nice.

Favorite port so far is Grenada. The island is super tropical with unbelievable views.

• Like 1

@Loyal To Royal As someone who enjoys RCL but hasn't cruised with the line in a while, I really enjoyed Navigator of the Seas! It was a beautiful ship with awesome amenities, but it's been almost a decade since I have cruised with them. I have also been on Mariner of the Seas and really enjoyed as well. It is a 3,114-passenger ship, and I find that to be the perfect size. Navigator of the Seas is about a 4,000-passenger ship, but they are both Voyager-class ships.

I love Antigua and Grand Cayman. I enjoy these Caribbean regions primarily for their safety and beaches. It's crazy because I haven't been to Grenada yet, but I have been to pretty much every other Caribbean port via cruise. 

On 5/19/2024 at 4:30 PM, Loyal To Royal said:

1. What is your favorite RCL ship and why?

2. What has been your favorite port to visit and why?

Ours is either The Independence or Mariner of The Seas as they are less crowded. Has Playmakers sports bar with great food, and the adults only Solarium pools are very nice.

Favorite port so far is Grenada. The island is super tropical with unbelievable views.

@Loyal To Royal I did enjoy the Quantum of the Seas, especially for my six-year-old son! However, it was more of a unique experience out of Shanghai and they had the Hot Pot dining options. The pools were totally empty, had them all to ourselves. Most people were shopping or at Sorrento's. The ports were alright, prefer the Caribbean and Europe.

• Like 1

I love the idea of Hot Pot dining! That's super unique for a RCL cruise. I wish something like that was offered on more cruises outside of Asia. I do get quite bored of fries, pizza, and burgers as the staple food items. I'm sure your cruise still had plenty of those food options as well. The idea of having the pools to yourself is a huge win considering that's pretty rare for a RCL ship. The Caribbean is a hit across the board. You really can't go wrong with the quaint ports and prime warmth with seemingly limitless beach options. As a first-timer to cruise Europe, which itinerary type would your recommend? Ideally I would take a 7-night cruise and then explore the surrounding areas via land for another week post-cruise.